Wayne's V-10 Ram

The wood burners have been steady working. I am using the ole V-10 today :relaxed:

3 Likes

Wayne, I hope you’re not in such a hurry you have to eat while driving :smile: (I saw spoons in your front window)

1 Like

Hello JO

The dash is so high on the ole truck that I didn’t realize the spoons were there until seeing the video.

My son my have had something to do with the spoons. He used my truck to sale fire wood last week ( set on the road side until someone stops to buy ) I always keep a few cans of pork&beans under the seat for emergencies . I will check to see if they are missing.:neutral_face:

5 Likes

The old v10 is holding out good,how many miles did that truck pick up this year not counting all the hay hauling or idling miles.BBB

1 Like

Good morning Kevin ,

I don’t know the yearly mileage but I think I have put about 25,000 total on the V-10 with wood gas . Keep in mind these miles are rough miles because I switch to the dakota for the easy highway miles . :relaxed:

6 Likes

Ok Wayne K,You the wood gas champion.Thanks

1 Like

I like those bear totem poles! I see you’re running nice and smooth just like you said. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thanks for the comment Jason ,

I worked the ole V-10 most of the day hauling hay. The below picture is son refueling .

8 Likes

Your son will be a wood gas expert before you know it.That looks a lot warmer there in alabama, Thats got too be good wood gas too pull that big load of hay and trailer.That truck earns its wood.

2 Likes

Hauling wood with woodpower .

This afternoon I put some miles on the V-10 delivering fire wood .

This morning I did some running around in the 95 dakota, feed store and grocery shopping . It is really running sweet. :relaxed:

Also chunked a little wood .

11 Likes

Wood should cheer us up. It is so plentiful, versatile, powerful, renewable, beautiful, and in human terms eternal (always been there)!

9 Likes

Good wood working weather,how are the new removable cooling tubes helping.Do you take them out often,and hows best way too clean them after taking them out of system.Thanks

2 Likes

Good morning Kevin

The removable tubes are working well. No need to remove the tubes for cleaning . Just loosen a connector and pull the tube to the side enough to insect a garden hose and rinse the tubes .

It has been a couple of months and a few are clogged now ( about 25% ) . This is OK for winter driving , I will clean them in warmer weather . :relaxed:

5 Likes

This morning early I lite the gasifier and filled it with wood but then got sidelined or called away before I heated it up any.

. It was a couple of hours before I got back to the gasifier . It was cold and dead ( no smoke even with bowers in reverse . I made sure there was NO fire ) .

Too much wood to try to light from the top with the torch.So I pushed a small piece of pipe down through the wood and put in two or three table spoons of gasoline . Lite the pipe then turned on the reverse blower , blew less than a minute and the truck started up instantly.

The pipe was long enough to start the fire right at the char.

I think I have seen others on the site light up the same way with diesel or used oil.

6 Likes

Recently ran across a video of Patrick Johnson lighting up his sawmill. He had a tube with angle cut on the end and a crank on the other end. He drilled it down to the char and dropped in a couple pieces of lit charcoal. Really liked the idea of the tube drill thingy.

2 Likes

Thanks Andy .

I knew I had seen someone getting the fire down to the char with a tube .

2 Likes

Thats good news easyer too clean out cooling tubes then most might think, I picked up 5 barrow lids with clamps, the barrows were the lighter barrows,so i left the barrows, the guy is checking for 48 lb barrows if he gets any.

1 Like

I have been asked several times about the expectations of a work truck on wood power . I found this video that you may have already seen . It shows the truck at work using NO gasoline. But keep in mind there were no need for speed or heavy acceleration and short trips of 5 miles

6 Likes

Working the farm truck hauling and spreading fertilizer

The below video shows going down a mountain . Throttle closed and riding the brakes. The truck sounds like it is pulling but the load is pushing the truck .

Mike LaRosa will remember this mountain .

Next two videos shows working on rough ground pulling about 5 tons.

Taking the fertilizer buggy back home.

Sorry for the very short videos . Uploading a 60 sec video will shut my computer down for about an hour.:confused:

9 Likes

Keep the good vidios,pic comeing,every time i refer people too drive on wood i tell them too go too the v10 thread,because it is near the top of the forum, and has all the proven record vidio driver Wayne Keith.You may need more dakota vidios, from the experienced tested drivers, so i can refer them too the dakota threads at DOW all so.THANKS

2 Likes