Wood and Coal gasifiers?

The knowledge here is unreal, this site is great , the old saying you can’t teach an old dog new tricks is a myth I would say.

5 Likes

I haven’t fired my forge in over 4 years Kip. As much as I enjoy pounding on steel it moved way down on my priority list below the need for innovations in food production and then Gasifying. Also I have never made a blade the held an edge even as well as my Case and Buck knives and I have had the Case jack knife for over 60 years. I do intend to get set up to make some timber framing chisels and slicks sometime this summer.

4 Likes

It is a myth, unless dementia kicks in, usually old dogs are slower to adapt because they don’t want to. ‘we have done it this way for x amount of time’ is usually people stating they don’t want to learn something new. The older you get the less likely you want to learn something new, but it is essentially a trap because by not learning and using your brain, you ruin the plasticity in your brain which hinders your ability to learn something new which turns into dementia. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Don’t need that at 68.

1 Like

They say cutting back on carbs, can slow down or prevent dementia/ hope i dont get it either, My short term memory flustraits me more than i want like though.

1 Like

I cut way back on carbs Kevin. Didn’t help. Fuel injection is just as confusing.

4 Likes

That is because you paid too much attention to the injector. You know that cute girl that gives your a bright, happy smile and maybe a wink right before you get a needle attached to a hose and a bag, shoved in your arm. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is she different than the one with the thermometer that has you bent over the edge of the bed Sean?

2 Likes

Gasification checker !

5 Likes

sometimes the exhaust monitor works in coordination to the computer that controls the electronic fuel injection. Sometimes it is independent. All I can say is just be careful, if they are big, missing teeth and carrying something that resembles a large nightstick.

1 Like