Wood Powered Caddy

Ok I’m starting to get withdrawal already and “Herbie” hasn’t even left yet! Got check today Bob thanks, if you get half the fun and satisfaction out of it that it has given me you will be happy!
I have been trying to get interior in my ModelA for years and now it’s not coming out of shop till it’s done, haven’t got much done to it since I started the Caddy cause I always want to do this or that to Caddy instead of A!
I will be checking in and keeping up with everyone’s projects so keep up the good work, I will probably start a wood burner of some sort at some point!!!
If anyone out there knows anything about doing Model A upholstery let me know cause I sure don’t !!!

7 Likes

Bob Phinney picked up the Caddy today, he’s driving it to his summer home in Wisconsin today and I’m crying my eyes out!! Not really but do hate to see it go!!

11 Likes

Good luck with the caddy Mr. Bob. As far as I know you will be driving the only wood burning caddy in the world !

I know how you feel Herb. Letting the caddy go I guess would be kinda like marrying off a daughter .

5 Likes

The answer is simple herb; just gasify the model A! Gary Gilmore did the T on charcoal, my ferguson has a similar power plant to the A… just saying… :blush:
David Baillie

4 Likes

Not this A.

12 Likes

Wow… I stand beautifully corrected…

3 Likes

Hahaha thanks for the close up Chris!!

7 Likes

Hey @RPMHartman, how difficult was it to mount the gasifier on the back of the caddy? Just curious, I stumbled upon this when I was looking at good 4 door vehicles that are good to gasify. Thanks, Tyler.

4 Likes