1:7 gear box 30hp

My generator had a melt down the other day in the low voltage control wiring. For a while I have been thinking I wish I had a pto generator so I could run it on any tractor and I have a few projects I could probably modify the gas motor from the gen for. It is a 30hp motor at 3600 rpm.
So I need a 1 to 7 speed increaser if I want to run the generator head on a 540 pto. I was just doing some searching and couldn’t come up with any good cheap ideas of a gearbox I could use. I am not sure I want to set it up with chain or belt drive which would probably be the easiest way to get the ratio I am looking for.
Anyway it hit me that someone on here might have a good idea of a gearbox which would work.

1 Like

Some time ago @Wayne had posted a pto speed increased project he had done for his tractor.

A pto generator would be very handy for emergency or offgrid use. Older tractors can be bought for the price range of a good generator, you could leave it permanently installed to have a mobile heavy duty generator. That’s what I will be aiming for to weld and any other heavy duty jobs. I will be interested in progress of your project.

1 Like