2014 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 16-18

It was nice meeting you too Gary. Thanks for bringing your truck and your family.I think you are a brave man to run a virtually untested vehicle that many miles. I really should not say untested because the concept is now very well tested indeed. I wonder how long it will take to reach a collective million miles with our group? I enjoyed seeing your grandson participate in the activities and I could see in his eyes that he was truly enjoying himself.

Bill used cleaner and glue.

Gary, Very few folks around HERE appreciate my laugh but on the PVC, I NEVER use glue. Duct tape and if exposed to sun and wind I do aluminum tape over it. It is all plastic and will warp some no matter what. I think that IS the definition of plastic. On duct tape joints I use a piece of 14 gauge copper electrical wire with insulation and wrap around and twist a few turns to tighten to keep the tape in place. The fat side rarely leaks. Up here in the salt belt our vehicles rot so fast that we have to switch things from one vehicle to the next one. I just cut a chunk of PVC from 91 olds to bypass where my bilge blower was. I will just slap a start blower on like I used to do and not worry about it anymore. I have a circuit to keep it from free-wheeling but the brush holders simply just fall apart. I can’t post pictures here or I’d be glad to bust this last one open and show you all. I did that with the last one as it had only been 2 drives but you have to saw the end off the blower and pull the fan to get to the screws. I’m back in tick country. I just taped another one to the fridge … You-all stay well. Have to bust hump in the hills tomorrow … Gnats are coming in already. I have to find the clear imitation vanilla extract in the morning … Too dark to look now …Mike L

Gary, your build was one of the high point of Argos this year. Very few drive off the second day on a trip. Really enjoyed talking to you too. Very glad to meet the whole family.

Missed this years meetup. I really want to go next year.

Good morning Andrew

In the years past Ron Lemler and family have been our host. They have been kind enough to rent and be responsible for the fair grounds . ( and a lot of other items to numerous to mention ) I certainly hope all goes like previous years but we need to wait on Ron to give us the green light .