2014 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 16-18

Good Morning Ron.

Thanks very much to you , Ronda, and the whole family for setting this event up! We couldn’t do it without you and your family’s help.

Hey Mike, I wish I had you for an uncle as you open peoples minds for what you don’t have to buy to still get it done. And as a bonus - there will be no under dash fire in your vehicles.

HI Mr. Wayne, and Doug I am glad we can get together again this year it was a highlight for the year last year.
Doug all I have to do is at least go look at it and quit being so lazy.It is probably something simple, I figure if I don’t look at it I wont have to buy any thing : ) . Mike could be right it could be the fuel pump I just need to look at it!!
Y"all have a good Day, Ron L.

Bump…

hey Mike,how would a router speed control work.they are made for ac motors with brushes,but I was told that any motor with brushes is realy a dc motor. i think they could be wired for dc current and you can find them at harbor frieght or any wood working supply. I will be looking at doing this later on my 1990 chev pickup.I can tell you know a lot about this and advice from the experienced is the best help one can get .
thanks Dan

Daniel, I have a dead friend’s router on my shelf but I have never used it. I do not have bits or a controller for it so can’t answer your question. I just repaired and wired up a 5 amp variac that I bought years ago to run on the next batch of tests here with my available blowers. It controls them well and stays cool for hours. Hard telling what the waveform is from your controller and what you might try to run with it and / or the current draw … Mike

Woot! Woot!
I just booked my reservations!

Good on ya Terry !!

Chris or Wayne…do you guys have drawings for prizes, hats, shirts, or stuff like that. The reason I was wondering I made up sixteen air flapper valves (4 extra sets) that I would be willing to donate for drawings or if you guys know anyone in need and just don’t have the resources to find stuff we could just give a set to them. Maybe if we have a drawing and the winning individual really has no need for them he or she could give them to a person of there choice. What do you guys think…
Gary

Pictures

Wow, that looks like a lot of work

Wow ! You have got some valves !

I will be looking for items to share also . I will be bringing as many plastic fertilize sacks ( wood bags ) as I can get my hands on . Henry Austin has put in a request for some .

I just killed a mosquito here but there is nothing like HOME-MADE butterflies … My first ones were from tin cans … M
Still several feet of frost in the ground. Repairing and re-routing split pipes in the trailer … I don’t know why that skeeter had to land in front of me but it was a pleasure to squash it …

Mike…eleven oclock p.m. here. Still 73 degrees. Tornado watch in effect. Humidity is so high I think my chunked wood maybe gaining moisture instead of loosing it…LOL Be glad for you when you finally thaw out.
Gary

Bump. One month left guys! Are we ready yet?? Please RSVP if you haven’t already.

Hi Chris, thanks for the invite. I was wondering about the electrical hookup as we will be coming with a motorhome. Can you tell me if we have to prepay for the hookup and if so how do we do that. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Conrad,

Pretty sure you can pay on site. Ron Lemler will know for sure.

Chris can you tell me where I messed up when filling out my attendance form? From what I see everything runs together. Is it because I am using Internet Explorer?

It does that. I have to fix the form myself… Google is not perfect. Should display correctly now.

Unfortunately I won’t be making it to Argos this year. This past year has been a whirlwind for me. We had our first born son in February of 2013 and found out in May that we were pregnant again. That means we outgrew our house so we put it on the market and it sold last fall. We moved into a rental in town (missing the country badly) and this past January had our second son. So my two boys are 360 days apart and I have my hands full! On top of that we are breaking ground this spring to build a new house in the country. So with all that is going on I just won’t be able to make it this year. I will look forward to viewing pictures and video of the reunion and look forward to seeing you all next year in 2015!