2018 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | June 1-3

I am not sure what to pack… flip flops ok ? or more sturdy needed ?

Along with your flip-flops, bring a pair of sturdy casual shoes, Blue jeans, T-shirts, a long-sleeve shirt, and a light jacket. Don’t forget a hat and sunglasses. This part of the USA (Indiana) in early June can be cold, hot, dry, wet, stormy, beautiful, etc. Layers are good! You might even want short pants! If you need something else, we will find it for you. :smiley:

4 Likes

Hi koen, glad too se your makeing the argoes indiana trip, hope the weather is good and enjoyable, be sure and bring a sweater and loose light coat for the night time can be in the 30’s at night depending on the weather, so far its been slow for warm spring weather returning, i am glad they moved the event too june.Now i know i got too make it there.

1 Like

Great news Koen, you will enjoy it. Sorry we can’t make it this year, it would be an honor to give you a ride.

1 Like

Sad news you can’t make it Carl and Ruby. We will surely miss you!

4 Likes

**** thats going to be cold compared with my climate here :grin:

This morning when i woke up i had 86º F or 30ºC
My airco run’s all day at 26ºC in my office room, outside temperature have a “steady” 35ºC all day long, but don’t get into the sun…

So i better pack my winter stuff :wink:

3 Likes

Koen, We will try to keep you up to date weather-wise. It isn’t that unpredictable! The historical average temperatures for May 31st in South Bend, Indiana USA are a high of 75F and low of 54F. Sun-block is often helpful! :sunglasses:

This is just a general shout-out. We will have a bunch of hungry folks to feed. If there are any special food requests for those coming to the meetup, just PM me. No worries, better to plan ahead. I am talking about meatless or vegetarian dishes, very low or no-carb dishes, food allergies, that kind of thing.
Otherwise expect pot-luck! :bowl_with_spoon:

2 Likes

Flight booking confirmed,
Arriving 05/31/2018 @ 15.30 Hr
Leaving 06/04/2018 @ 20.45 Hr

Looking forward to meet a lot of good folks there… ( and learning a lot of how to do woodgassing )

5 Likes

How far to the nearest Mac Donalds ? :grin:

4 Likes

Happy to hear you are coming Koen, It will be an honor to meet you. MacDonalds is just a hop, skip, and Jump away from the venue. And a hardware store is just across the street if you feel the need to tinker.

8 Likes

Hi Koen, It will be great to have you here in person. This is held at a fair grounds and some people bring trailers or tents to sleep in. I just throw my sleeping bag on a cot under one of the many sheds on the grounds. There is a nice bathroom with showers at the site for clean up. If you’d rather stay at a motel, I think there are some around,
Gary in PA

2 Likes

Not too far.

I seem to rememebr frost in the mornings sometime at Argos

Glad you can come

2 Likes

5 weeks and counting down :grinning:

Koen

The offer is still good setting you up a tent and and bedding or if you want to sleep with Gary I can bring a sleeping bag for you .

2 Likes

Hi Wayne,

Bill will pick me up and bring me to Argos,
Sleeping bag and a pillow to sleep between the lot is fine for me…

I am counting down to… wow i am going to Dow…

3 Likes

I settle for the sleeping bag and a pillow… its the people that surrounds you what makes happy, not the nice hotel room …

3 Likes

wow! This is really raising the bar, Koen. We went last year and figured it would be highly unlikely we could afford to return so soon, especially after just returning from a 2week trip to Fl and back (including a visit to Billy North’s amazing homestead/ alternative tech family workshop) but even the wife is wondering how we could manage to return this year. I guess she really does appreciate the good time we have with gasifier people. In any event, I am sure you will truly enjoy the gasifier gathering!

3 Likes

Just get in that old Volvo and drive Robin. That’ll get you there.

2 Likes

Believe me Billy, we are really trying to figure out if we have any options! Praying for a miracle seems to be the only real option this time.

1 Like

I can’t wait for Argos this year. I get to spend 2 1/2 hours with Koen and ask him so many questions. He needs to be back to Chicago on Monday, I need to be back home on Sunday. If anyone else wants to opportunity to give him a ride back to Chicago, here’s your chance. I will definitely give him a ride Sunday if there are no takers. That would be a double bonus for me.

1 Like