2018 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | June 1-3

This is the official thread of information about the 2018 Indiana woodgas meetup.

We are going to meet in Argos, IN at the Marshall County Fairgrounds, June 1-3.

Most of the info from last year still applies. Hope to see you all there!

4 Likes

RSVP

If you’re coming we need to know, for insurance reasons and general planning; this is not technically a “public” event. But we’re all friends here, and you’re all invited. So, tell us if we can expect you! Signup sheet:

Directions

The fairground is on Linhart Dr in Argos IN. Just put “Linhart Dr. Argos, IN 46501” into Google Maps or your GPS.

Hotels

The nearest hotels are in Rochester and Plymouth. A few choices, but get your reservations early. According to Ron Lemler, the hotel rooms vary from $41 to $100+ per night.

Camping

On-site camping is free, and highly recommended. Electric hookups are available, $15 a night. There are train tracks close by, trains do run at night - just FYI. The consensus is that staying on site definitely improves the experience, I’d encourage everyone who can to do so. In the event of bad weather, we can move tents inside the buildings.

Food

Main courses for lunch and supper are provided, but we encourage everyone to bring some food to share. We have a wonderful group of ladies who have kept us well fed every year. Anything we can do to make their lives easier will be appreciated!

2 Likes

Good afternoon all. We have been watching the posts and getting everyone’s information. It looks like June 1-3 would work for most everyone. It is a little later in the season, so it should be warmer up here. The last 2-3 years have been on the cool side.
This is a general plan for us: 1. Thursday around noon we will get to fairgrounds to set up. If anyone comes that day the grounds will be open. 2. Friday lunch and supper will be provided. 3. Saturday lunch and supper will be provided once again. 4.Sunday is clean up and pack up day. We usually are done around noon, though all day is reserved.There will be a schedule of events posted later. If you have any events you want to have happen then let us know ahead of time. We will try to accommodate any requests. We still have 10 boxes of dry wood chunks for those who drive on wood to get here, we hope to get you home again.:slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting all the new people as well.
Ron L.

2 Likes

Thank you and your family Mr. Ron !

We owe you a lot .

2 Likes

Thanks so much Ron and Rhonda.You are the best! I will try to help out any way can.
Don M

2 Likes

OK! The date is set! I think this sign-up sheet should work. Please click on this link and answer the questions / fill in the blanks when you are ready. Problems, let me know I will try to fix it!

Please see Ron Lemler’s post for basic schedule information.

Hi Mike, PM me for a address to send the check. Thank you for all the help to make this possible.
Bob

1 Like

Thanks a bunch Ron and Ronda. You guys are the best.

I’ve updated the initial post with the dates.

4 Likes

Well, it took some doing, but got days off approved for the weekend. Now I just need to get my projects ready to bring.

3 Likes

Thank you, Ron and family! Sure missed everyone last year. Can’t wait for the meetup this year!

3 Likes

So, Is there a place where we can see who has signed up to come? Always builds anticipation to know which family members we will see.

4 Likes

Not yet, I am figuring the best way to show some information, but not private info. I will probably just have a post here that I will manually edit and update. Stay tuned! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks Mike for helping with this part of the process!

3 Likes

What Don said.

If a weak mind but a strong back can help in any way please let me know .

3 Likes

Nothing weak about your mind, Mr. WK! All offers for help will be recorded and played back in late May! :grin:

2 Likes

RSVP Feedback: Version 1.3:
Who is signed-up: Mike R, Wayne K, Billy N, Don M, Bob M, Michael G, Aaron M, Handy Andy, Jim Hart, Dan M, John Carr, Bill Shiller, Al Frick, Kevin De Lonay, John Pettit
:evergreen_tree:
Argos Population Increase: 29 !
:truck: Projects:
Woodgas Road Vehicles: 7
Small Engine or Tractor: 1
Generator: 1
Stove or Heater: 1
Fuel Processing: 1
:bowl_with_spoon: Foods Bringing:
Something Good!: several
Bottled Water: 2
Garden’s Bounty: 1
Chili: 1
Cake: 1
Crock Pot Side Dish: 1
Paper Plates: 1 pkg.
Cups, Foam, 8oz. 1 pkg.
Contribute as Needed: several

3 Likes

I just added my name to the list.

4 Likes

I edited the RSVP Feedback post #17. Thanks to everyone coming! Room for more! :grinning:

1 Like

Hey! Time to bump this topic to the top again! Thrive Off Grid is signed up, I will edit the Attendance / Equipment list again soon!
Thanks Matt!
Y’all out there get signed-up, OK?! If you are thinking about coming to Argos this year, go ahead! You won’t find a better way to spend a few vacation days! :grin:

5 Likes