2019 Argos Reports and Pictures

7 Likes

un-edited.

5 Likes

Un-Edited, be kind!!!

5 Likes

8 Likes
10 Likes

Thanks Mike. Very good. Keep it coming. Hoping to see interviews of the international guests especially, as well as closeups of the individual gasifiers. I know you can’t enjoy it as much when you are behind the camera, but we really appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

7 Likes

Looks like a great meet-up this year out there! Thanks for the pictures. I wish we had some of that sunshine up here in Maine. Yes, it would be great to see an interview of our European friends!

6 Likes

Wow, Mike, thanks so much for bring me (us) along. A great ride with you guys.
Felt very much like I was there.
Pepe

7 Likes

Thanks for the nice vidio drive and pictures, hope i can make next year , LOOKS like you all have a nice group of attendies this year for all the cool rainy weather we have been haveing. kevin delani truck looks like it scoots right along just fine.

7 Likes

I just wanted to be one of the first to say, I made it home, and I am having a hard time coming back down to earth-- it was the greatest get together I have attended.
I planed on saying a lot here, but as Keven quite politely mention, my posts get too long. So, this is my condensed version with probably more to follow later.
This is totally uncharacteristic of me and no one but my wife knows the real meaning behind of it, but; Thank you God, your most obvious part was the weather, but for the people who worked to put it on and others who contributed by coming, and for the safety of all the people on their trips, right down to providing use with the chemistry and experiments with wood gas. Thank you God TomC

15 Likes

Very short video of the returning parade. Looks like they all made it back.

9 Likes

Returned home safely from my long gruelling trip to find this hunk of steel waiting for me. Now what in the world will l do with this?:yum:

11 Likes

That was the short version, This is not;
Thank you Ron and Ronda for All you did, but basically for putting the get together, together. Mike Reynolds for assisting in keeping things running so well. Of course all of the ladies who just because of their devotion to their husbands, kept us all fat and sassy. I didn’t bring my truck, but appreciated each and every truck that made the trip to Argos as a show and tell. ( I got several rides in other members truck which even though I have a truck of my own, was and enjoyable, enlighting experience.) Thanks to the people that live on the dark side for bringing their displays, and of course the “father of the dark side” Garry Gilmore for coming with his truck and demonstrations. We had a very nice night around the fire with music which is always an enjoyable end to a day. I apologize for not meeting our guitar player-- I got to that part a little late. Billy North did a great job of MCing at our meals and his family was very enjoyable with his son Jakob being one of the centers of attraction with the woodgas truck he built ( he had to take many people for rides because he is only 15 and has to have a licensed driver in the truck for him to get to drive it.) And then there are the Europeans who came; Jan-Ola from
Sweden and Kristijan from Slovenia. Where ever they went there was a crowd. We learned a lot technically from them about woodgas, PLUS, much about their custom, life styles etc from sitting and talking with them. A great addition to our get together and I hope others will decide to come in future years and also that JO and Kristijan will return. We had guests that had not perused building a woodgas generator that showed up. The one that stood out to me was a young man that I did not meet, but he was probably in his teens and had heard about woodgas and talked his folks into bringing him to see our Woodgas get together. The last I saw Mr. Wayne ( who if you don’t know who I’m talking about, is Wayne Keith) took them by the hand to show them around.
Well my wife took over many of my choirs so that I could go to Argos, so now I have to come down off this high that I am on, and get back to helping her. TomC

15 Likes

Home by 1:40 am and was in bed by 2!! Great turn out this and it was great to get to meet our friends from abroad.

So this week will be devising some sort of TLUD to make char pellets haha. If I would have had some char to put in the machine I would not have had the issues I had. Oh well, I was able to show my method to free up a tared valve and eventually we got it dialed in and running pretty solid :). Pulled a 2500 watt load for around 2 or 3 hours and we succeeded in getting Danny’s kit build complete and flaring by end of day on Saturday. Good times and thanks for putting on the show!!

Gary’s Charcoal unit charging a Tesla!!

17 Likes

Great, this last picture MattR.
Gary’s Low-Tech powering the latest High-Tech.
Obviously a spontaneous picture. The staged-improver-picture guys would have had Gary’s smartphone? plugged into the generator recharging too.
Best Regards
Steve unruh

9 Likes

Our European friends were the highlight of our weekend I think all will agreeJ_O and Kristijan

29 Likes

Made it home, had a small detour, so I drove right at 500 miles. Had a blast this week, and thanks to the women for feeding us, and every one else that helped put it together.

11 Likes

Hi Tom I will have an easier time reading your post now that I no whos posting them. It was great to meet you! Had a great time at the event, thanks to every one who
makes it work. We had to leave suddenly due to a family emergency, not a chance to say goodbye to some.

16 Likes

Hello to all, We arrived back home at about 2 00 had to take a nap and go get something to eat before dark we had a great time visiting with old timers and newcomers want to thank all the ladies for all the hard work,time and effort you put in to make thjs happen.A big thanks to Matt for bringing my kit and helping me put it together hope you do great with it will be ordering some more goodies to go with it because you can not have to many projects.
God Bless All until we meet again. Dan and Carolyn

10 Likes

Al Frick’s Ranger start up.
Was that a puff back at 23 seconds?

13 Likes