2019 Argos Reports and Pictures

Hi Bob , You and Michael for sure are adventurers !! I am glad you made it home safe, and it was good to see you again.
Ron L

2 Likes

@Gary Gilmore,
Is this a new generator for you? Black Max Specifications 7000 running watts 8750 starting watts 389CC Honda OHV Engine 6 gal. fuel tank Low lubricant shut down Noise reduced spark arrestor muffler (8) 120V 20 AMP outlets (1) 240V 30 AMP twist lock outlet.
Are you using the 240 V 30 Amp twist lock outlet to charge the Tesla? My Tesla did not come with that adapter for the Tesla cable, but I have used an adapter that plugs into Motel Air Conditioner 240 volt outlets and lets the 115 vac plug into it. This puts 240 volts on the Tesla cable (which normally plugs into 115 vac.) The cable doesn’t mind, and the car adjusts the charging rate to over 10 mph, vs the 4 to 5 miles/hour on the 115 outlet. (A light weight 115 vac extension cord can be used, but the temperature at the connectors need to be monitored. Basically running 240 volts on a 115 cord. The car will monitor the voltage drop, and cut back current accordingly.)
Is the owner of this Tesla on the forum?
Gary, I’m looking for your report about Argos.
Ray

1 Like

More pictures of the meet up.

Don Mannes from Michigan

Wayne and Lisa Keith shoveling and bagging up a true Loving relationship together and Driving On Wood. Team work and Love in action.

Gray Gilmore from Pennsylvania. MR. Charcoal Simple Fire. Himself.

Jacob North from Alabama. The YOUNGEST world record holder for building a WK Gasifier and then driving it to Argos Indiana from Alabama, and then back again at 15 years old, a
Great Achievement.

Ronda Lemier, and family.

Mike Reynolds from Indiana. The Man Behind The Camera. Give us all the great pictures and videos. Thank you Mike.

Dr. Larry the man that is always thinking on a better and new ways to build a gasifier.

Mike Gibb from Kent, Washington. A wonderful person to drive across the USA with. Thank you Mike for the second Adventurer to 2019 Argos Indiana Woodgas Meetup.

JO Olsson from Sweden, Gary Gilmore from Pennsylvania, Kristijan Leitinger from Slovenia talking shop , Gasification black gold. Bruce Southerland that has a MGB charcoal only gasifier sports car. No gasoline at all.

Wayne Keith from Alabama, Tom Collins from Crivitz, Wisconsin, Randy Prichard from Texas and Mike Gibb from Washington State. All Masters of building gasifiers in the gasifier world.

Randy Prichard from Texas and presenting his trucks flaring at the event.

Paul Anderson Ph.D. Author. Of the book
" A Capitalist Carol " and Wayne Keith.

Wayne Keith from Alabama, with that Great Southern Alabama Smile.

Gary Gilmore from Pennsylvania, standing next to his Charcoalgasifer powered Ford truck with a OBD2 system.

Kevin DeLonay standing between his flairs of his 1997 Dodge Dakota truck with a OBD2 system.

Gray Gilmore taking his truck for a drive. I still want a drive in your truck. Next year Lord Willing.

The newest wood gas baby looking at Grandpa Ron’s wood gasifier tractor, you can never start them to young.

Greg Henze from Missouri with Bill Schiller from Minnesota taking a picture of me.

Mike Gibb from Washington, Ron Lemier from Bourbon, Indiana, and Kevin DeLonay from Wisconsin. In the back ground JO Olsson, Conrad Lachermeir?, Joseph Wenze , ______?.

Kristijan Leitinger from Slovenia lighting my flair representing all the DOW Brothers in European countries and around the World.
Praise God the Father the Creator of all things created.
Bob

15 Likes

I was asked as the MC to report the funniest thing that happened at Argos. On the last evening while several of us were sitting around the fire, Wayne did one of his “funnies”.

Dan Moore had made several stoves, sawdust cookers, and plastic bucket lanterns to raffle off on Saturday. Lisa Kieth really had her eye on the bucket light, but she did not win.

Later that evening while Lisa was away, Dan brought her one and gave it to Wayne and told Wayne to give it to her and tell her it was from Dan. Wayne, quite characteristically said,
"I’ll tell her I bought it for her."

Obviously, Everyone laughed.

When Lisa returned, Wayne said, “Now you know that I’m down to my last few dollars, but I love you so much I just had to buy this for you.”

Lisa immediately raised her hands, looked to heaven and said, as only she can,

"Forgive him Lord, I know he’s lyin’."

People almost wet themselves laughing.

Definitely the funniest happening of the week in my opinion.

16 Likes

Tyler, thanks for the video of that good lookng guy that tried to fall out of the truck at 4:40…:blush:

1 Like

Andy’s SimpleFier with aluminum tuyere/nozzle.

Dr. Larry’s new woodgas tuyere/nozzle.

Gary’s rain proof flare burner.

Gary and Jesse demonstrating homemade chargas for the 21st century.

Argos was so much fun! Thanks to everyone for all the smiles, great conversations and too much good food.

10 Likes

Here is a song for Lisa when they are loading wood.

6 Likes

Thanks Andy .

In fact I had her holding the bag just a little while ago . We ran to Walmart so she could spin more of my money :grinning:

6 Likes

Translated to mean…We ran to Walmart so she spend some of her money that you work so hard for, and hold on to for safe keeping, so she can spend it for all the good things that you two need.
Bob

6 Likes

I have a membership to a video editing software, but it does not allow over 45 minutes of video at once! All the wonderful video and pictures taken cannot be put in one video as of now, but I’m working on it. I will have all the pictures and video I can get in a couple videos then try to join the videos together to make one.

5 Likes

Hi all
Randy called me today and said he was having problems with posting on DOW. He wanted me to let y’all know that he made it home safe without incident. Jakob

13 Likes

Thanks Tyler .

Some of us old folks can make the trucks go but are challenged with the cameras and computers :grinning:

8 Likes

We will take 2 or 3 if one does not work .

5 Likes

I think this may have been the first symptom of your sickness Jan Ola. We all just didn’t recognize it at the time. :grin:

8 Likes

I thought JO was singing the song. Called.
“Itsy Bitsy Spider”. Itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout.
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain, and the itsy bitsy spider went up the spout again.
Bob

4 Likes

Yeah, yeah
You go on picking while I suffer. :smile:

8 Likes

We only do that to assuage our guilt.

5 Likes

https://youtu.be/I2HCCgaOm4s the ring of fire

10 Likes

Thanks Corey
I like it. Jakob

5 Likes

I did a small refinement to my light bucket. Added a pwm and power socket. Now i can run my starting blower or charge my devices as well as light my tent.

14 Likes