2024 Kentucky Woodgas Meetup

You guys look good, and it is nice to see some press, but your kind of overshadowed by the girl in the ad next to it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

yup, its scheduled in. got off the phone with the fairgrounds manager just a bit ago. posted the details in the 2025 discussion post

10 Likes

Give me some time I’ll make and upload a video

13 Likes

Newspaper is out

25 Likes

Thanks very much Thomas for the time and effort you put into the wood gas event :slightly_smiling_face:

19 Likes

Pretty good write up , got to the point without faffing around too much even newbies would understand all that , Well done Thomas .

10 Likes

Here you go Marcus.

19 Likes

Thanks Jakob.
It is a cool thing, what pressure are you guys aiming for and how much kernels are you putting in?
I imagine just about any sort of kernels would work in that contraption.

11 Likes

The only pressure I know of hand is is the field corn which is 165 psi. The guy in our church who built it they have puffed about everything in it any grains, pasta and even beans.

12 Likes

That is too stinkin cool

6 Likes

Well Wood gas family here it’s July 9th and my wife Carolyn is on her way to rehab finally out of hospital thank you all for your prayers for her recovery still a lot of work to do but doing a lot better
Thanks Dan

24 Likes

Good to hear! Pray she continues to get better

10 Likes

Good news. Thanks for sharing her progress.

9 Likes

Thanks for the update Mr. Dan :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Well here’s a update on my wife Carolyn she had to come home from nursing home said she was not improving but l could leave her there in extended care for eleven thousand a month so brought her home we will take her to doctors for follow up visits I don’t want to go on welfare I don’t think they would last very long .We are working on her walking and standing need to get her moving still in need of your prayers Dan

17 Likes

Danny,
Thanks for the update. Still praying.

8 Likes

Thank You one and all 4 months between the hospital and 3 different rehab/ nursing homes all of them were good at some things but none of them were good at cleaning love one rehabbing or communication needless to say l am glad she is home .God still answers prayer !!! Dan

11 Likes

Here’s a paper with some information about a particular puffer (wood fired :slightly_smiling_face:) along with instructions and recipes.

Today I ordered a Chinese “Popcorn Machine.” I’'ll try to remember to report back when it shows up.

https://www.amazon.com/Chinese-Traditional-Popcorn-Decoration-Vintage/dp/B0D8GZNBS1
No endorsement, at least not yet.

We’re trying to avoid the glyphosate in cereal. Organic grain seems easier to find (or grow, ideally) than organic dry cereal, and we like having the “means of production.” This should help. And who knows, maybe puffed bean snacks will become a favorite.

@Chris, I know I’m wandering from the topic. Feel free to split it off if you think it best.

10 Likes

Thanks for the manual Kent, it answered some questions I had in my head about the different pressures for different things.
The puffer you bought and the puffer in the manual don’t look the same, the one you bought is nicer looking but the pipe one is probably easier to clean. Function is always first but the eye wants to be pleased too :smiley:
I hope you will be happy with it, we would like to get some pics and a report when you tried it, perhaps even a video. :wink: :smile:

7 Likes

The manual isn’t for the one I bought. As far as I can tell, there is no manual for the one I bought, unless it’s in Chinese. This manual is the best information I’ve found online. There’s probably more out there, but since Google AI knows better than I do what I’m looking for, I haven’t found much.

The one we purchased is smaller than the one in the manual, but that reduces the damage if it, or I, mess up. It cost more than I hoped to spend, but cereal and snacks aren’t cheap (what is these days?), so the payback period may not be too long. More important, we’ll know what we’re eating. I hope :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes