"88" Chevy

Hi Dave
That is some beautiful engineering. How do you adjust the fuel air ratio ?
So you did not isolate the carb, just closed it to an idle position? But shut off the fuel to the carb- mechanically with a valve or electrically-de energizing the fuel pump?

Hi Mike
Thanks for the heads up , I will try make contact with Richard Craig, and ask for some advice.
I think the main differences come in that we don’t have the emission standards and the cold that the US has.

Thanks Patrick

Patrick That engine has a mechanical fuel pump, so just shut off the petrol. The slides on the gas and air are independently set for the correct air mix,once set they seem to work for the whole power band.

Hi Dave
So you can’t adjust the air fuel ratio while driving ?
Didn’t you find you had to richen the mixture at an idle, or you would have a delayed acceleration under load?

Thanks Patrick

Patrick; I use this setup on a stationary unit. I did draw up a plan to adjust on the fly, but this not needed on the stationary setup.

Dave that is just to cool. I seen a q=jet conversion somewhere where the secondarys were used for wood gas and primarys gasoline. Mike I see where the float bowl delay would cause a problem I wonder if a guy could modify the main well to stop the fuel flow there with a remote selonoid like you used on your tbi. just a thought. how do you feel about the tbi’s I know Wayne says never again but with his set up I understand . it seems not a lot of options for us GM guys and fewer for us old schoolers I try to avoid that computer infested junk even for my dailys when I can. I drive a 69 c10 all summer and give in to the 4cyl s10’s in the winter.

Dave,
I’m new here and was curious about wood preparation.
I’ve seen Wayne’s wood chunker video and saw comments about other methods.
What do you have in place for sizing the wood for your 305 chevy engine and “88” chevy truck?

Hi Terry; I get my wood off one of the defect saws at work. Here is a link to that saw on youtube.