A Tour of My Shop

A few weeks ago I sought to determine if there was any interest in a Shop Tour topic. It received 9 likes, so I will kick this off with a video tour of my shop. This is a place where those of the DOW clan can post a video or photo tour of your shop showing the layout, tools and equipment used in creating your projects.

I have a nice building, but little in the way of tools and equipment to work with. If you have a box of tools and work under a shade tree, you have something to contribute. Please share it with us.

16 Likes

Thanks Mr Steve
Looks really good. I have found the same thing with pipe fittings. My steel pipe fitting buckets are constantly poured out on my fitting sorting table.

3 Likes

My shop is so messy that I would be ashamed to video it after seeing how well organized yours is :blush:
Maybe after being retired for a while it will look better.

7 Likes

Don; Old saying, " you can tell a good carpenter by his chips" Nothing said in there how fancy a shop he keeps. Just keep building. Your work is an insperation to the rest of us. TomC

4 Likes

Thanks Jakob, Don, and Tom. Don, let me amend the qualifications to include not only big and small, but also messy. If that is really the case, then you still qualify.

4 Likes

Not a video tour, but here’s a bit about my shop:
https://spaco.org/myshop.htm
It should qualify under Steve’s “messy” clause.

Pete Stanaitis

7 Likes

Pete, It seems like the “messy” look is due to the fact that you just have a lot of stuff for the space you occupy. Does your shop function as a commercial operation also? That is quite a set up you have. Thanks for sharing it with us.

4 Likes

Thanks for your kind words, Steve.
No, not really a commercial shop, although I do make a few minor things for sale and I do a few paid jobs for others from time to time. And some gratis work for the neighbors.
I guess the main reason for the shops the way they are is that we have a lot of old stuff around here that needs fixing and I take it as a personal challenge to make parts rather than buying parts as often as I can.

Pete Stanaitis

8 Likes

Ok, so here is Thrive Off Grid. The new shop is about a 5th the size as the old building.

9 Likes

Matt,
Sounds like you could be a Poster Child for Harbor Freight. I thoroughly enjoyed the video tour of your well-organized shop. Thank for sharing it with us.

7 Likes

Very impressive shop and well organized.
So many projects!

8 Likes

My shop consist of a shade , welder , torch, hammer and a pry bar.

Today I am building a short bride . The beams are 24 inch and weigh about a hundred pounds per foot.

I may have to find a bigger hammer :smiley:

IMG_1142

9 Likes