A well spent weekend

Best to both of you!

2 Likes

We will now all pat ourselves on the back for our wonderful dating advice… :grin::sunglasses:Your determination and hard work might have had something to do with it as well. Congrats and good luck.

2 Likes

I thought I worked fast. We met mid September, engaged Thanksgiving and married mid June.
I had a computer, she didn’t, no cell phones no internet. It will be 34 yrs coming up shortly.
Congratulations on your engagement. I wish you all the happiness in the world

5 Likes

Congrats Chris!

…and remember “happy wife, happy life!”:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m thrilled for both of you! Thanks for giving us the summary of your search ordeal. The number of close timing stories (about to give up or expiring subscriptions) that I have heard keeps the wonder and sense of God’s providence alive in this modern match-making process. Blessings!

3 Likes

Happy for you both. It’s a great life

3 Likes

Congratulations Chris. Finding a partner to share life with would be a scary process. It took a 2 1/2 month stay in a hospital for me to find my future wife back in 1982.

3 Likes

Congratulations, and good luck to you both.

Hi Chris, This is Ronda and I love the fact you have shared with us your adventure of a homestead and wife to be. Will be looking forward to meeting Mary, she will fit right in.

7 Likes

Thanks Ronda. I can’t wait for you to meet her. She will definitely fit right in.

2 Likes

Are you sure that’s a good thing? :smiley: Just joking.

1 Like

Congratulations Chris! Great news!

OK, Unruh notices the leafy greens. I notice the nice forged scrolls on the planter and then read about your criteria…Kind of hypocritical of you to request a girl with “no family drama” and then hang around with the likes of the DOW gang. Seriously though, finding that special someone to share your life with is such a blessing and wish you the best.
Gary in PA

7 Likes

Congrats Chris, It took me 3 years online of weeding thru the drama until i met a great gal. Lots of scammers out there. Best wishes

2 Likes

Congratulations, Chris!

We had no internet back in '86 - had to do it the old-fashioned way, but we managed OK. I knew it for sure on May 2, wedding bell rang on November 22. If I had it to do over again, I would.

We’re all happy for you.

3 Likes

Updated the 3rd and 4th posts. Start reading here: A well spent weekend - #3 by Chris

4 Likes

There are signs we are on the right track in life. You seem to be discovering that at a young age Chris. Trust you are being guided and taken care of at all times. Everything happens for a reason, no exceptions.

6 Likes

Chris,
Thanks for updating your posts, that really helped fill in some missing information and answered some questions I had that were really none of my business to ask. I believe you and Mary were made for each other, and I look forward to updates of the great adventure! My wife, Joy and I were introduced over 30 years ago by her Aunt Vicky whom I worked with. It was a blind date, and she thought my name was “Mark” for awhile… :joy: Aunt Vicky was the original “Match-Maker” the old fashioned way! The rest is history, and we have been very happy. Always talk things out and include her, listen to her. She may have some great ideas you wouldn’t have thought of!

3 Likes

Remember what I said about the porch swing Chris…

1 Like

I remember. I need to build a porch first though… Maybe we’ll start out in the yard somewhere.

3 Likes