Air Carbon Fuel Cell

During my drive home, and after a nurse explained chemo therapy to me, the thought of carbon monoxide therapy entered my mind. There seemed to be a connection there that is a bit out of reach. But don’t worry I have no plans to experiment! I’m almost tempted to mention it to my doctor. Anyhow, someone already has done some work on this:

Solar-Fuel, onward !

P. S. wouldn’t it be cool if we could cure cancer ! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Damn reading your reply l first thod you had a different “therapy” in mind. You hang in there! Keep up the positive spirit!

6 Likes

But it would be amazing if our stuff help with cancer. Maybe there is a reason for getting this cancer bug.

Anyhow, update video #6:

I have to hang in there long enough to build one of these log trucks. Good thing I’m so slow at building projects!

Solar-Fuel, onwards !

10 Likes

Jeff,that’s one scary looking ride.

3 Likes

Update #7, oxidation zone.

Solar-Fuel, onward !

8 Likes

Go to cbn-health, search ketogenic diet.

2 Likes

Wasn’t the ketogenic diet first developed in the 1920s, to help diabetics survive before insulin, and recently becoming quite popular even amongst medical professionals as a weight loss diet?

Claims beyond that would need a serious examination before buying into

1 Like

Jeff, are you planning on an exhaust valve of some sort to meter the right amount of exhaust into the pan at the bottom? And if so how will you know it the amount is right or not? On my charcoal lawn tractor I can look at the nozzle through the air inlet and turn the valve until the burning char turns a dull red from a bright white/yellow. If I put too much exhaust into the reaction, it will kill the motor.

1 Like

A movie that talks to the Anti-Seizure effects…
It has a number of benefits that are real.

1 Like

Don, here is a video response to your question:

Solar-Fuel, onward !
\

3 Likes

Jeff: You said you liked listening to Gratefull Dead, I thought you may like this too.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kokr_y2Hg8 Ten years after
Craig

2 Likes

Craig, something new - - thanks !

Right after my operation I put my ear buds on with the Grateful Dead playing, almost nonstop. They got me up and walking and kept me walking as much as possible. No real strong pain meds used. They kept me Truck’en, they kept me positive.

“Politics is like a dinosaur, it has its own destruction…He has the power to kill and bomb, but he doesn’t have the power to build and construct, and that’s power that’s necessary for life. See, He has all the negative power, but…the negative power is like absence of power, its an illusion. Its the ability to kill but, killing is not building. Killing is not constructive, its not a progressive thing. I think that its a thing that you can be tricked into believing, that its all powerful, but I think that really…its a feudal, small thing…Its disappearing, its going away. That’s all I can say. The way I feel about it is…if you read the paper, if you watch television, if you listen to the news…what you get is negative. What you get is Death, War, um…Riots um… Un-pleasantness. I think that if you tune yourself away from that, I think that it is possible to re-discover what it is that is positive about being alive… and I think that it is that positive that is necessary for survival. See, the more we believe in a negative reality the more real it is. If we turn our backs on it, and don’t feed it any energy, don’t vote, don’t play the game: the game is non-existent… It’s only as strong as the people are willing to be slaves to it, you dig?” -Jerry

3 Likes

Great bass playing! Great!

1 Like

Here is an engine exhaust update:

Solar-Fuel, onward !

6 Likes

Affordable PLC could become handy at times. Here is an intro video:

And here is the $70 Click PLC:

https://www.automationdirect.com/clickplcs

Pooh, only Windos, no Linux. I only use Linux and Raspberry PI’s now. But check this out:

Solar-Fuels, onward !

4 Likes

I heard a lot of words that I understand but the way he puts those words together, I have no idea what he was talking about. The part about the “timer” interested me, because recently, I had been asking some of the more astute electric folks how to remove a timer from my HF meter. That is when I first learned it isn’t something that is wired separately into the meter.
A little side note; In 1964 my company sent me to classes to learn Fortran. They started off by telling us how “one day all of the knowledge of the world will be on computers”. Then they started teaching us to make flow charts where we ask question and the answer was “yes” or "no’. That answer took us off on another leg of the flow chart. Just to add a few numbers together took pages and pages of sheets of flow charts. I went to my boss and told him this was a pipe dream. The original bibles were hand written by monks. There weren’t enough monks in the world to program all the information into these computer. TomC

3 Likes

Hi Jeff, you are coming along great on your Air Carbon Solar-Fuel Cell. Looking forward to seeing it run a engine. Solar-Fuel, onward! to your accomplishments on this project. It is a very important project. With no or very little welding being done.
Bob

4 Likes

Fortran, wow, that struck a chord with me, Tom!
When I got out of the Seabees on 04Sep1970, I was back in class
at Clarkson to finish my graduation requirements starting 07Sep1970.
Those reqs, were 4 credit hours of computer programming in Fortran.
Well, Fortran 1 was only 3 credit hours. Darn!!! So, I took Fortran 1 and
Fortran 2 at the same time. No problem for this math nut! Aced them both.
Graduated with the class of 71, 11 years (fall 1960) after I started. Don’t ever
give up or listen to the loser nay sayers. You alone determine the
course of your life. My parents( whose sacrifices I finally realized and am eternally grateful for)
smiled from ear to ear along with a few tears, yeah, me too! It was one
of the proudest days of my life. Excuse me I have to dry my eyes!
I was the first one in both families to graduate college. Still am.
JUST DO IT!!!

3 Likes

Must be a gas thing, I also took a Fortran class.

Thanks Bob, words like that help.

I’m 99% sure that the carbonized bread insulation will fail and here is the start of the failure. :grin:

I’ll post the first recipe later. Put the dough in the bottom of the ACFC and tried to bake just below 400F. Hit 640F at first but started to understand the oven later in the bake. I will loose access to this oven soon and will need to build some kind of curing oven, assuming the experiments continue. Any oven builders out there? After 30 minutes it was removed. Needs more baking, will return later. It would be nice to weigh the dry ingredients before adding water. Next time. A weight on top of the dough might be helpful. Have not formulated a carbonize plan as of yet. As the bread dries it seem to shrink away from the pail wall.

Dough:

Closer view of the dough:

Bottom view of the bread in the oxidation zone:

Top view of the bread:

Interesting material to work with. Don’t mind the heat marks on the pail, that was me with a torch trying to burn off the labels and probing the pail coating.

Solar-Fuel, onward !

7 Likes

Hi Jeff ,is this a version of the starlite insulation ? as i don’t think you need to bake the dough to make it work , in fact i had thought of maybe sprinkling the top with ash before the dough goes hard as a sort of protective coat .
Dave

2 Likes