Another Victoria based build

Victoria geometry

Air jacket on and it’s got legs again… more welding and finish the lid… sure would be nice to burn this in the next few days. we’ll see

Looking good!

U make fire soon?
Mongo like fire :wink:
BBB

I promise T, you’ll know when i’m gonna put fire in that thing… maybe we can make a weekend of it… camp out at the shop… I know lil Arv sure likes it.

got tired of looking at the ugly old paint so I did a bit of grinding and threw some bbq paint at it. looks much better now.

Yes I still have lots to do on it… someone want to push me backwards into a pile of money? please?

I’ll keep plugging away till i get it done. I’m thinkin I may hook this one up to my Honda civic at some point to see what happens.

Hey ArvidO
Keep up the plugging away man.
Now about that pile of money . . . . wife was just talking to me about that yesterday. Seems I bought a little more unauthorized metal in a smallest possible on sale gunsafe. I predict now after dog breed sensitivities, woodstove home heating hurdles this will be my homeowners isurance companies next “We will demand inspection” hurdle for me to jump now.
We wad up here badly by the end of March with piles of money . . . all owed to the Gov’Mint, the Government and the other governments.
Annual final 2012 Federal tax payment(S) due by April 15th with 1st quarterly payment for 2013 having had to have already been paid by March 31st. Regional State “Business and Occupational”, “Labor and Industry”, “Forestry Harvest” quarterly taxes all must be paid in by March 31st. County bi-annual 13% property tax (1/2 of total annual) 1st half payment due paid by April 30th. Local Town, schools, fire district, EMS district, cemetery district, port district, watershed district, regional transportation benefit district ( for thier Billion dollar Big Bridge project) 1st annual half payments all due also by April 30th. Lots of money stacked up here now man - but none earmarked for you and me. Sorry - my fingers got slapped hard. (Did not help pointing out that I had sold off two of MY guns to buy the safe. Nope. “New man toy!”)

Keep the pictures coming.
Honda Civic - yah! Yeah. Just do it!

Regards
Steve Unruh

My friend, I’ll keep you in mind if I every find a pile

finally got to working on the lid… it’s getting there… slooooowly

Hey,
Looks good!
Would be fun to paint it up like R2-D2 :-).
T

Looks nice Arvid.

You can tell I am from the old school . I thought R2-D2 was the gear indicator like on my old John Deere tractor.

I had to google it but I’m with ya now .

i’ll build the next one on more of an angle next time

i’ll call the lid finished, now just gotta make the handle and hinge thingy

Dam, did you have it chromed? Just kidding, looking good amigo.

lol… no, just hadn’t gotten around to painting it… i like things painted, cleans them up a bunch.

Hi Sir. Does your pre heat air pull from the entire bottom of the unit and the outlet gas pull off the inner tank that is sealed from the outer air jacket? This design looks slick… coming from a rookie mind you but a fairly well studied rookie at least.

Thanks for any info… just trying to pick the brains of the pros to at least limit my first disaster.

I appreciate the simplicity of Wayne’s and your design. To the point and well functioning. I was hoping to start with a design for small engine use before I dive full on to power my truck or a donor truck I should say. I drive a Duramax at the moment but have a 460 Ford engine in the back yard that hopefully will end up wood powered.

Also… is the design of the nozzle angles and hearth meant to keep ash deposited as insulation? Rather than just a flat plate restriction.

Sorry to inconvenience, while not really having anything to contribute yet.

I appreciate any help.
Shaun

bottom of unit is sealed. there is a port near the bottom of the outer vessel that lets air in. top port on same side can be used for lighting.

a few pictures above is a drawing that i’ve based my geometry on. if you are looking for a simple unit that works it would be a good place to start.

Arvid,
Living in Canada, do you have to operate your unit any differently with the changing seasons?
Also, what do you use your unit for?

our units were developed to run gensets/charge batteries for off grid applications or power outages.

i drain condensates often. i think i have 6 locations for that on the unit in my avatar