Antique gasifer carb for sale

HEY GASSERS, I FOUND SOMETHING INTERESTING FOR SALE ON E-BAY TAKE A LOOK. HEY CHRIS SEYMORE, CAN ANYTHING BE LEARNED FROM THIS DESIGN AND BE ADAPTED OR UPDATED AND FABED INTO FITTING ON A MODERN ENGINE ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-MODEL-T-ACCESSORY-KINGSTON-B-1GASIFIER-CARBURETOR-/261075058812

Hi Dave,

Sure is easier just to copy the link to the ebay page.

Hi David, I am excited to see your gasifier getting so close to completion. You have been very thorough on your designs and fabrication. It has been great to talking with you over the last few years, I hope we visit in person soon! I want to make the next woodgas meet up. I was not happy about missing the Indiana meet up this year. I will make the next one, God willing!

Great find!
That’s going in the “lost and found parts picture folder”. It’s cool to see a cast iron wood gas manifold made for a ford. It shows that at one time long ago, many companies found this tech useful and worth investing in! That has spoken volumes to me, I want to see this old tech envisioned again!
Cool design, I will study it more! There is a truly a wealth of info left by the past generations, its a shame not to learn from them.

Here are a couple cool ones, I came across

hi chris. i will try to learn how to do that in the future,

i believe that one is a gasoline vaporizing carburetor…not a wood or charcoal gas carb.

An old friend of mine that has a number of vintage cars has one thats almost identical that also fits his model T…it needs white petrol ( coleman fuel i think its called in the 'states) to work properly but gets about half better MPG on that than on gasoline in the standard carb on the same car.

LOL even at half better MPG…with the cost of white petrol… he doesn’t fit the vaporizer very often…normally only to demonstrate how it works

Callum nailed it. That carburator is Kingston updraft for a Model T. It uses gasoliine for fuel, not woodgas. Keep looking though, you never know when a real woodgas carb will show up.
Gary in PA