Argos 2020 Planning

Thanks everyone for realizing we ALL really wanted to have a get together this spring/summer. I am glad we have fond memories of past meetups. We should post stuff from past years, some of which maybe did not get posted previously. It was asked if there are any expenses from cancelling, I asked the Lemler’s and there are no significant expenses that can’t be refunded or recovered. That is good news. we can continue to post “Virtual Argos” stuff here or start a new thread, I don’t care. New Things are starting to appear, so, let the project posting begin. We could call it the whole month of June, I guess!! I personally don’t see myself live posting, just uploading misc. stuff and nonsense. What do you all think??

7 Likes

Sounds good to me. I have a few ideas.

3 Likes

I’ll start this show.
All Loaded and ready to go all I have to do is hook up the trailer. We are planning to leave here about 2 am. My Grandpa and I are headed for Kansas in the morning. I am staging processed wood there for my Woodgas 2020 trip. The trip probably wont happen till next spring Hoping for next May. but it can’t hurt to have the wood stationed there ready. My Dads uncle lives there and has a place I can put it under a tarp. KIMG1436
I had to build a spacer ring to be able to put real tires on my trailer instead of those little wheelbarrow tires the are all built with these day.
KIMG1440 KIMG1441 KIMG1442

13 Likes

Have fun, and take pictures, Jakob! I started a new thread for Virtual Argos 2020.

2 Likes

Jakob,
Your father stopped posting. I hope he’s busy and feeling better, and not the other way around.

6 Likes

I think it is something like that the second one. He has been busy.

9 Likes

Hey JO and all. Yeah, I was down sick for 5 weeks. Now trying to pace myself as I try to catch up on obligations and earnings, etc . Also, I was serious about trying to get things organized for an uncertain future in these parts…So yeah, lots going on. Some of my jobs (one big one in particular that was supposed to carry us through until late fall) fell through because of COVID shutdowns. SO now picking up other work. Turns out, there is a good market for those germ barriers made from plexiglass that sit on people’s desks at the bank etc…so I guess things are working out. Just busy…

9 Likes

It is the time for me to request my vacation days for this summer.
Is there any chance of a meetup this year?

6 Likes

I want to go (+ 20 characters)

3 Likes

I know this is a question for Ron and Ronda. We would like to be there. End of May/ first of June?

3 Likes

Started a new topic:

2 Likes