Argos 2022 Planning

You mentioned about possibly a different building this time. Will there be room for tents inside?

2 Likes

Andy, and all,
Kevin the fairgrounds manager has not said for sure either way. In any case, he has not mentioned where he would move us to.
I am hoping (praying, too) that we will be able to use our regular area, maybe with a work-around. I am a creature of habit, and I also believe it is the best space for us to use. I count on having that building.
That said, we will make it work whatever the details. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Yes you better, I didn’t tell you yet, but you’re on the agenda for a presentation…

5 Likes

Whats my subject? Nobody there needs help building with junque.

4 Likes

Ok guys. Sorry to make this all happen last minute. We just survived the start of ice season this year followed by a busy Memorial Day holiday week. So Last Minute it is.
Jakob and Naomi are already on the road headed north. Most of the rest of us will leave out sometime before breakfast.

I will post the agenda in the next post. Let me know if something doesn’t work or make sense.

5 Likes

Woodgas Meetup 2022
Argos, Indiana
2 June – 5 June

Thursday
2:00 campground opens………sandwich stuff for lunch
set up and get settled
6:00 hotdogs
7:00 after supper, WELCOME meeting.
(Rules for dumping condensate, agenda overview………….Mike
Reynolds stand up comedy, long speeches by Lisa Kieth and Bill Schiller, tap dancing by Dan M….stuff like that.)
After that camp fire: bring your banjo and your fiddle

Friday
8:00 food
9:30 Show and Tell: Dark side (charcoal projects) and members’ other projects
11:30 Presentation: History of woodgas …….Don Mannes

12:30 chili & sloppy joe

1:30 Woodgas Stories with Wayne Kieth

After that woodgas rides, look around, etc.

6:00 fried chicken

7:15 Presentation: Jakob & Naomi North WOODGAS2020 trip

after that camp fire

Saturday
8:00 food

9:30 Show and Tell: Woodgas projects, tour of trucks and other wood- powered projects
woodgas rides, etc.

12:30 pulled pork

1:15 Raffle: bring stuff to raffle, the money is used to fund the event from year to year. There is also a collection box for donations to pay for the event, food, rent, etc.

2:30 Question & Answer Panel: Ask the experts what you want to know. Group discussion format.

6:00 Fried Chicken

7:00 light up and line up for parade

7:15 Parade: Argos Woodgas Parade 2022

after parade line up for Flare-Off

after flare off camp fire

Sunday
Clean up and clear out

Information Key (for general knowledge, for common consideration and interpritatin’):
For the sake of this schedule, meals are referred to as “breakfast, lunch and supper”.
If I were writing this for my southern friends alone, it would read “breakfast, dinner and supper”. However, as odd as it may seem to some of us that people eat “dinner” after the work day, I know that some of ya’ll might use the term “breakfast, lunch and dinner”.
One good thing for sure is that we all agree that “breakfast” is in the morning when the coffee is hot. As for the rest, it really makes little difference since it is Argos. And everyone always eats too much at Argos anyway, no matter what they call it.
Just remember, whether it’s “Lunch, or Dinner, or Supper”, the important part is that the fried chicken is in the evening meal.

Note:
Breakfast: We plan to have food available. Usually the official plan is to cook-your-own for breakfast, but someone usually ends up with a spatula in their hand cooking for everyone
Presentations: we plan to have a projector (usb) and screen, mic and speaker, computer.
Agenda: This agenda is not meant to be overly restrictive. I tried to find a balance of structure and meaningful order and the normal laid back fun weekend we’re all used to experiencing at Argos…… And to leave plenty of unscheduled time for “milling around”, “schmoozing”, “maundering”, “meandering”, “gallivanting”, “dawdling”, “wandering”, “knocking about”, “lollygagging” and getting a woodgas ride.
Let me know if something needs adjusted. See you in a few days. Billy

7 Likes

Will there also be any way to connect with you guys live this year?

5 Likes

Billy, everybody knows I am a man of few words and you gave me an hour till lunch? I am going to have to learn how to stutter :blush:

6 Likes

Billy, Thank you for the schedule. Very informative. Looks like a lot of fun!
We have some changes to the old truck.

Back to the Basics. The Red truck is now naturally aspirated. Runs better than ever.
Done with the old! If anyone wants a supercharger, I will make them a good deal :slight_smile:
Looking forward to this weekend.
Ron L.

7 Likes

Hey Ron, do you run through the carburetor or is it separated like the Mother Earth News style?

1 Like

Only if someone more tech-y than me can figure something out.
ANYONE? ANYONE?

Jesse just said something about live streaming to youtube…whatever that means.

Well my friend, as one of my drill sergeants used to say. Suck it up buttercup. LOL
Actually, I figured others would chime in and help you out if you asked them to.

4 Likes

Only issue is you’d have to broadcast from a laptop. You can’t stream from a phone for YouTube unless you’re a bigger channel.

2 Likes

Hi Cody, now the woodgas is run through the carb, 600cfm holly quite a lot of volume.

4 Likes

You ever get soot messing with the jets? I’ve been mulling over this problem with my Mazda, I run a Weber 32/36.

1 Like

What about skype and zoom etc?

3 Likes

If possible, l wuld just like to say hi to my old friends, phone is good if nothing else is available. As far as lm concerned there is no need for a actual live stream of the events, videos and photos will be made l am sure!

4 Likes

There’s always Facebook Live. It saves the broadcast to be watched again as well.

1 Like

Not so much problem with the jets as having to clean the linkage and keep the plates freed up.

4 Likes

If nothing else Kristijan I can call you on Signal. But we should try to figure out how to make a video call work.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, my school changed exam days and it is right on this Argos event dates, I will not be able to make it. I am hoping next year I will be able to go no problem.

2 Likes