Argos 2022 Planning

Ohboy! Ibetter hurry and get a project ready to bring!

5 Likes

Unfortunately I have 2 grandchildren graduating so will be unable to make Argos. I will be vicariously riding along with your posted travel and fabrication stories.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear that you won’t make it, but family always comes first.

4 Likes

What Jakob said . You and Bob will be missed :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

No worries, I will post details soon. Probably this weekend. if you post it too soon, people lose their enthusiasm! :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Started a sign-up sheet thread.
Argos 2022 Signup form - Events - Drive On Wood!

4 Likes

Thanks Mike!!! If there is anything you need me to do, don’t hesitate to ask. I’m not particularly computer savvy but I have a little brother whom I can recruit that is.

4 Likes

I have decided finally…
Sorry, no new T-shirts from my sources (my brother and I) this year. Too many stressors, too many family health and welfare issues, plus I can’t decide on which artwork, can’t get a color I like in the usual common sizes.
Bummer. Out of time anyway. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rofl:

1 Like

Mike
Did you have any ideas on artwork that you just can’t decide between?
My aunt does the printing stuff but i would have to give her an Idea of what were looking at to see if she could do it in time. She may not have time to get it done soon enough. And i don’t know the price yet either.

Also where do you get the shirts from?

3 Likes

I did not make this decision lightly or uninformed. There is no artwork. If you want to do something, go for it. :cowboy_hat_face:
(That means you do it all.)

2 Likes

Who all would want shirts and what sizes?
I don’t know what price yet but I won’t be doing it if they are over $15 each.

Also does anybody have any shirt worthy pics from last Argos?
I don’t have any.
Or any other ideas of artwork or themes we can put on the back. It would have to be simple. I don’t think it would necessarily have to be from last Argos.

This is all just throwing around ideas so no commitments yet, just trying to get a feel for what is wanted and what is possible.

If any one knows of a place to buy tee shirts in bulk that might be useful. I don’t know yet if I would have to provide the shirts or not.

1 Like

How about let’s remember Larry Winewsky an the things he did to help people Dan Moore

6 Likes

Two weeks from now with the Good Lords willing and the creek don’t rise we will be in Argos :blush:

6 Likes

I ordered some shirts they are simple and practical. They are going to cost $15 each. I don’t really know who wanted any so I took a guess on how many and what sizes. It will be first come first serve.

13 days and counting! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

@danny1003481 , I liked the idea of the remembering Larry but it was too complicated to get done in short notice.

5 Likes

Weather forcast for argos is just about perfect. warm,but not too hot, partly sunny the whole time.

8 Likes

A week from now I will be eating breakfast at Argos :blush:

11 Likes

hi everyone I have been waiting to post hoping something would change for me being able to come to the meet. my back problems have increased this year with 3 times since Christmas not able to walk. My plans are to try start Thursday in car with cruise control and see if I can handle driving car. Remembering Wayne driving to hospital as long as someone would lift his arm to the steering wheel. See how it goes so if you see me I made it if not then I had to turn back home from the pain. Hope to see everyone this is the high light of the year for me.

10 Likes

Danial , sorry about the back and really hope you can make the trip .

6 Likes

Kevin H. the fairgrounds manager has told me they are doing some construction on drains and driveways around “Our” building and they are not yet finished. I told him we are country folk and can find a way. He has mentioned twice he may have to move us to a different building. I debated on whether to say anything. I have decided to tell you all what I know to avoid surprise and confusion. I am sure he will take care of us. Prayer is always helpful! :innocent:

4 Likes

A little last minute packing info…
Expect the ground may be damp or wet so maybe a moisture barrier for the tent. We have had a lot of rain and a bit more Wednesday, Thursday AM.
Going to be chilly (50+ degrees F) at night, so an extra blanket, extra layer of clothing. Nice (Mid 70’s) during the daytime.
See you all soon! :grin:

6 Likes