Argos Meetup 2019

Only 4 weeks from this morning JO , Kristijan and myself will be loaded up and headed north with big smiles on out face . See everyone soon .

Wayne

5 Likes

Which means it’s only 3 weeks and 3 days until we’re up in the air, crossing the pond :smile:
I haven’t heard from Kristijan in a while. I suspect he’s busy preparing farm chores for his wife :smile:

7 Likes

Does anyone know how to get on the web sight to see the list of people attending the Argo wood gas meet? I have already registered but not able to monitor the list to see if my registration actually happened.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks Al. I appreciate the fast response.

2 Likes

Conrad, Yes, you are on there! The above link is the second message at the top of…

I manually update the sheet publicly visible, and I don’t always get that done right away. :grin:

4 Likes

Good Morning ALL YOU WOODGASSERS!!! :smiley:
This is Ronda Lemler and I’m trying to get all the FOOD lists around. I usually provide the meat for all the meals. This is one of the biggest parts of the planning because, I know the way to a mans heart is a good meal. I am asking anyone who thinks they are going to come PLEASE sign up soon. I take a count of people from this list when ordering the meat and buying the essentials for the meals. So if you are planning to come sign up soon.
Thanks, Ronda L.

3 Likes

Can I come even if I don’t have a working gasifier built? I am interested in absorbing some knowledge.

2 Likes

Yes, yes , yes, come by all means Bryan. This is why we are having this event. It for everyone that is interested in gasification. Sign up if you are planning on camping out.
Bob

1 Like

Hey Billy or Jakob.

My wife and Jim Harts wife ( Kim ) are bringing bicycles. You may want throw a couple on you trailer also .

See yall in a few days :grinning:

3 Likes

Bryan, Please come if you can. Meeting driveonwood forum members in person is a great experience and motivation. This is the friendliest and most welcoming group I can think of. And we are all interested in the same types of things. As some forum members already know and others suspect, I myself am more of an enthusiast than a builder at this time of my life. My main contribution is helping to organize this event. Bring your imagination, notepad, camera, etc. and enjoy the meet-up! :grinning:

2 Likes

By all means you are welcom, and dont forget your seat belt when Wayne Keith gives rides in his wood gas truck one of the days camping, we usually drive around a couple different loops in town areas. Small town.

1 Like

Thanks guys. Is there an itinerary or schedule for Argos 2019 or is it a kind of free-for-all, do whatever you want kind of event?

1 Like

Bryan, We have a mass “flaring” of gasifiers at dusk on Friday evening. We have an informal “parade” of gasified vehicles on Saturday afternoon. We might organize a presentation and show and tell as attendees desire. Mostly informal, and casual!

1 Like

I might add the food is great and there is plenty of things going on all the time. Friday night music around the fire.
Bob

Sad to announce, but i will not be able to make it this time…

Health issues are worse then expected, will overcome them, but grounded / banned from travel/sitting still longer then 1 hour at the time.

DVT confirmed (Deep Vain Trombose) at left leg, and the nerv blockage neck, left side…

Good news is, i have to take some rest, no lifting, getting massage… have to loose some weight, take medicines… and a lot of supervised excercise…

My wish is for a lot of happiness over there and a lot of pictures to see from the event, posted here on DOW…

10 Likes

Sorry to hear you can’t make it, praying for a speedy recovery.

10 Likes

Sorry to hear, Koen. I was hoping to meet you in person.
Try divert your efforts slightly in the direction of fuel gathering. A little sweat takes care of nervs, vains and belly :smile:

6 Likes

Koen, I will be praying for you that you will heal in your body in Yeshua Name. Be at peace my Brother, rest and heal.
Bob

3 Likes

What Al, JO and Bob said . You will be missed :disappointed_relieved:

Get well soon .

4 Likes