Argos Meetup 2019

What is t he official date then?

4 Likes

Hi Andy; The days we have reserved are Wednesday May29 - Sunday June 2 .
We will start setting up late Wednesday morning .

6 Likes

Wayne, l agree. We will have the visit in mind for before the event then.

Ha, perhaps you shuld concider seting up a rent-a-woodgaser buisness in the folowing years if the event participants grow in number like that :smile:

8 Likes

I got my days off work approved!! Happyhappy !,

11 Likes

It probably works for us better before the event. We will likely have two vehicles going. We will have an extra seat if needed from Alabama to Indiana. But it will probably not leave here until Thursday. Slight possibility it could be through the night Thursday, since we have a training either Wednesday or Thursday. But after would work fine too. It doesn’t really matter for us.
Wayne’s point is good about seeing stuff down here before the event.

Sorry Francois, my French is weak. Spanish, Swahili, Quechua ok…I do have a bit of Haitian Creole, enough to teach water pump construction, but that’s not French. :blush:

K, it can be a little cold at night in Indiana that time of year.

A fund for foreign visitors would not be a bad idea.

Maybe K can import some mustache wax for all of us. LOL

Kinda funny guys,it’s still just December…all this excitement. Good…

Also, Anyone who gets my last Newsletter: I was trying to make a correction and my gmail messed up on me:

The name of the lake near the work in Congo is "Tanganyika", not "Tanzanique".
5 Likes

My wife is over at the neighbor’s house delivering a baby right now. Been there all night.

5 Likes

LOL, You can boil the scissors in a coffee pot, and I am sure Ronda can come up with an extra set of cord clamps:grin:

4 Likes

Reading back over the wording here…I wanted to clarify so no would take me for claiming to be anywhere near fluent in all of these languages…I am not. Some of them I am, some I can get by. Still others I tinker with.
Anyway, guess it really wouldn’t matter to anyone else…

8 Likes

Count me in to help on the international travelers
I can send $100 by PayPal to Chris for distribution if I had his account

May 29 to June 2…I will be there

3 Likes

@mggibb Sounds like one more road trip across America in the 92 Dakota to me.
Bob

4 Likes

Or we load the Dakota onto my car trailer, put the wimmen in it and tow with my 10 MPG 95 F250.

Nope we may not live through the first day!

4 Likes

You still might not live, but you could put the dakota on the trailer, then run the gasifier on the dakota, and pipe it into the F250 to hypermile it. But you would definitly be dead if you expected the wimmens to tend the fire and didn’t convince them you were trying to save time and money for their shopping trip.

3 Likes

Just to bump this topic back to the top I think Sean’s suggestion is great. You will need a sturdy trailer and lots of wood. When you get to the flatlands, you can pull the Ford F250 with the Dakota! I think you better stoke it yourselves! :grin:

4 Likes

Just bringing this back, How are we on getting Kristijan to Argos? Can we still send through paypal?

3 Likes

Hi Al, the Paypal account is still active yes, althugh l think l receved enough founds to buy me the whole plane ticket price alredy! Prices of plane tickets change by the minute and l will most likely squeeze the “buy” button in this week, when a good price popps out.

A litle birdy told me @JO_Olsson is even more sucsessfull on the quest :wink:

7 Likes

Thanks to Mr. Paul too, for his donation. l did not find a username with the senders name here so l will thank you here instead of via PM.

3 Likes

Hello argos planners, are we finding a wood sourse this year for the drive back home, i am planning too drive on wood lord willing, and the flood waters dont rise. Is there a wood sourse in area, slab wood from a saw mill,or skids too cut a few hours at the weekend event.??

2 Likes

Hi Kevin, if you tow a trailer down with you I am sure there will be plenty of wood for you on the home trip back.
Bob

2 Likes

Bob, Kevin,
I hope there will be enough. I will bring what I can, but it won’t be much. I hope others can bring some or some extra. It will be like making stone soup. God willing, there will be prepared wood for all who need it.

2 Likes

In case you don’t get the stone soup reference, here is the story read to you!

6 Likes