Argos Meetup 2019

Thanks for the stone soup movie, Those stones warmed up there spirit. I plan on bringing trailer behind my s10 truck , i will need about 800 pounds of wood there and back, maybe i can pull that behind a light trailer or most of it. Any wood that i use will be less petro used up and cost of fuel travel.

3 Likes

Mention was made of na me tags. These would be an affordable option Advantus ID Badge Holders, Clear, 50/Pack (75450) | Staples

5 Likes

Good idea Andy. After the first day those stick on name tags are often gone and some of the new names I forget right after I let go shaking their hand.

8 Likes

What Don said .

If we want to make the tags a little more permanent my son can pick up good ear tags at the the cattle auction where he works . They are guaranteed to stay put for a while and should cover the Argos event for several years .

Also I think while wearing the tags our consumption of lemons could be much less :grinning:

14 Likes

Good idea Andy. How many would we need?. I would kick in for a batch of 50 if someone will volunteer to collect the money and order them. TomC
Mr. Wayne; you aren’t talking about those tags they put in cows ears are you???

3 Likes

Yes Mr. Tom :grinning:

I was just pulling your leg .

4 Likes

I had a box of those sleeves somewhere, let me see if I still have them. We would just have to print name tags on a computer or with a “Sharpie”

2 Likes

I still have the one I used last year at the Argos event. I think I will also add where I’m from Washington State.

Bob

3 Likes

Hi Kevin; It looks like I will have about 15 boxes of the dry chunks to bring this year

8 Likes

Hi everyone,
Ron and I (this is Ronda) were thinking about ordering something like these.

These are from previous years and we can purchase these 3" name badges pretty reasonable. Ron wanted me to post these for him so everyone would have an idea of what we were talking about.

Thanks, Ronda L.

6 Likes

Those would be more than a name tag-- they would be a piece of memorabilia. TomC

5 Likes

If we used the permanent souvenir badges, I think they should say
“Argos, Indiana U.S. A.”
In recognition of the international membersip.

7 Likes

Hi Mr Andy
Are you planning to make the badges again this year?
Jakob

2 Likes

I havent really got that far yet, but i can if you want some. Istill have some free the carbon ones promised to some of your family.
I’m open for suggestins for future designs.

3 Likes

A little more food for thought. I have no idea if or how it could be done but, if we included the name and the picture they use in posting on DOW. I may not recognize the name " Billy North’ but that picture would sure remind me. Another is Kevin and his picture is just vacuum gages but I know what Kevin that is. Not trying to make this too complicated but if you don’t ask, you never get anything. TomC

3 Likes

Does anyone remember who made these badges? Trying to get all the different pictures of everyone who is coming would be difficult, especially for a good price. Ron really likes the 2014 Argos one as a souvenir.
Ron & Ronda L

2 Likes

I think Dan Moore brought some of those round DOW name badges, I have a couple, one is stuck on my DOW hat! (plus one of Andy’s)

1 Like

Good morning Ronda .

I like it too :grinning:

2 Likes

damn,… ear piercing at my age…

5 Likes

Talked to Dan Moore this morning. His brother in law had made the badges. He still has some left. He is going to pull them out and see how many he has left.
Ronda L.

4 Likes