Argos Meetup 2019

How can we make this 2019 Argos wood/char gas meet up better than last year.
I personally enjoyed all of it. Other than the event was not long enough in time. That one has been corrected by starting a day earlier, so what will we do with this extra day? Lets us start a discussion, and put down some ideas for this. The Argos Meetup Event is not that far off.
Input?
Ideas?

Bob

5 Likes

What Bob said ,

We need some ideas coming in :grinning:

1 Like

Ok thanks ron, hope fully i can get there this year allso. My red s10 should be good too make that trip, if i can get it set up for wood in time. Hope fully anyway, it sure was nice camping last year.

3 Likes

As a first timer last year I found it difficult to keep names, trucks and histories connected to the folks

Maybe have a wireless microphone to pass around and those who wish give a 1 to 5 min biography

Mount a large world and a USA map on the wall and we stick name labeled push pins.

More baby rabbits!

8 Likes

I’m a home-body and likely won’t be there, so please–lots of photos and videos posted on the forum. Also, interviews with the international guests would be great. I’m looking forward to it.

7 Likes

for me its easy… i am the one on flip flops… and the drooling look on my face…

7 Likes

I second that ! ! !
:grin::grin::grin::grin:

6 Likes

I will do my best on posting live on the Google Hangout while there. My problem is keeping my battery on my phone charged

6 Likes

Hi Bill, I have a solar powered battery pack that will fit in my shirt pocket. I can plug my phone into it and run my phone all day maybe two. I will be bring it to are Argos, you are welcome to use it so we can have live video on the Google Hangout.
Bob

5 Likes

I plan on going and if I do, I will definitely be making a video

5 Likes

There is so much going on, we need as many photographer / reporters /video makers as are willing! :grin:

6 Likes

I am planning on bring my video camera and grear this year Mike. You are right about the more video recording we can get the better. One person can not video all that is going to happen at this event this year. I do not have a wireless mike setup, I will look into getting that for my Cannon cam video camera. It would be real handy to mikeup the person speaking when they are outside doing a walk around presentation of their gasifier truck or gasifier gensets and other things in gasification. The other thing that would be nice if we could all give the person or persons videoing a good spot to video the person speaking. In the past I notice that you were behind people and could not get a good video viewing spot to record for other to see. I have a pole to elevate my camera to be above the heads, and it would be nice to have someone else up front videoing with closeup shots at the same time I have never really done any video production editing of making videos with two cameras rolling, I just load up what I video raw, with out editing the video. My videoing experience has been action skiing and snowboarding of people going down the slopes. No fancy Go Pro, just old school cam recording. You do not want to fall with this kind of recording equipment. It would be the end of your camera If it ended up in the wet snow.
If you have experience in editing videos, I could just video and give you the SD cards to load up into your computer at Argos to edit later, so you could to make more professional video to place on the DOW site.
Bob

6 Likes

Alas, I have to use cheaply available computers and software, and I am no editing expert. Once the video is on a memory card, we can let interested members copy it, then edit and post as time allows. We usually make sure we can put some stuff on YouTube right away, like parade video. Chris S. is good at that. Hope he can be there at least part of the time!

6 Likes

With the baby being due at that time he probably will not be making it. But it would be cool to have the newest and youngest member of DOW, to be at Argos 2019 Wood Gas Meetup.
Is there anyone else out there on the DOW site that has experience in editing video to put two separate video takes together making it one video keep the talking all in sync? We could use your talent and it would be much appreciated. This video of the 2019 Argos Event could be featured on the DOW web site front page to let the new people know that are just checking in, what we are all about.
Might even get some more Washington State Tree Huggers like me to join the DOW membership. A true tree hugger plant more trees use them for what God intended them to be used for. All Carbon neutral, free fuel from wood scraps to run wood/Charcoal gasifiers, 100% recycling, good for the earth, cleaning up the air environment for mankind. As Wayne Keith would put it. " The Buck Stops Here".
Bob

5 Likes

Trying to figure out this years date. Looks like May 29 to June 2nd?? That hits one of my chemo weeks, maybe the doc could figure some thing out. Of course I would have to be feeling fair and my chemo week could be adjusted.

9 Likes

Hy jeff hope the chemo works out for you, and allso you can make it too argos camping visit.

6 Likes

Jeff, I for one really want to see you there.

12 Likes

I really want to be there Bill.

Thanks Kevin!

12 Likes

Hi Mike, I checked my cam recorder out it does not have a external mike plug in nor does it have blue tooth. I will just use SD cards and up load them to your computer if you can bring it.
Bob

2 Likes

we can bring our mic and speaker again if we need to.

4 Likes