Argos Meetup 2019

Good morning all.

Argos is getting closer !

Two months from this morning I will be waking up in Argos

12 Likes

For my visa to Argos, I have to indicate a phone number on site, can you tell me, thank you to tell me where I must land for the easiest for Argos. thank you in advance.

4 Likes

Hello Francois .

Real glad to hear you are planing the trip to Argos. It will be great to meet you .

I will let someone that is closer to the event answer your question . I am 650 miles away.

3 Likes

Good morning Francois.

I will be on site with my cell phone . Let me know if this will be OK for an on site phone number and if so I will give you my cell number.

Some visiting members have flown into Chicago Il about 100 miles from the event site .

Others have flown into a smaller air port at South Bend Indiana about 30 miles from the event site .

5 Likes

Francois, I will be on site most of the time. Koen V. arrived at Chicago, O’Hare airport last year, and another DOW member was able to pick him up on his way to Argos. I will likewise give you my cell phone number in a private message. It is about 120 miles driving from O’Hare to Argos, Indiana, USA. There is a closer airport at South Bend, but the ticket prices are much more expensive.
Chicago to Argos Map
I live about 90 miles South East of Argos, near Decatur, Indiana.
There is a small office at the fairgrounds property, but not often manned in the off-season (Not actually Fair time!)

3 Likes

Wayne is right on about the Agros Event. It time to get get all of our plans in order, don’t wait for the last week to ask for time off from work or get those projects done around the house that you could do ahead of time.
Remember if your wood/charcoal project is not finished, bring it anyways, we would love to see it first hand. If you have questions or need help, ideas on your build we can help you. It is always good to see the project being built.
@Woody, Brian brought his gasifier truck to the event and worked on his gasifier there, and got it’s first flare at the event. It was a big flare!
He needed a bag of lemons to wipe the SWEM off of his face.
Bob

7 Likes

Found this online, worth a watch. :grin:

4 Likes

The video mentioned a solar park. (700 kW) https://www.thepilotnews.com/content/argos-solar-park-open-business

2 Likes

Can anyone tell me where or how a person can register for the Argos woodgas meet in 2019. I’m sorry I have been searching this tread but cannot find anything. Any help would be much appreciated.

3 Likes

Conrad, Someone like me has to put up a link to the sign-up sheet which is ready but not “live” yet. I will do that tonight or over the weekend. Its time. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Thank’s Mike I would appreciate that and thanks for the fast response.

3 Likes

That form is now live at a new thread.
Link:

1 Like

Melted a little aluminum today! Maybe I will bring this and give it to a worthy attendee. Dreawing perhaps?

Also, i think my experimental part may have finally come out good.

9 Likes

2019 woodgas buttons
Here are the 3" pin on button name tags for this years Argos Meet Up! We received a donation to purchase these.
Thank you Danny and Carolyn Moore for your generosity.

8 Likes

The button name tags are so cool. I love the Agros Woodgas Meetup button too. Can’t hardly wait to pin one on my hat and shirt.
Bob.

4 Likes

Here are some pictures I have been saving to get everyone geared up to go to the DOW Wood Gas Meetup Event in Argos. Enjoy.

(Woody) Brayn, Wayne K. , Brian S.

Chris S.

Matt

Don on the right

Jeff, ?, Don’s back side Don’t recognize the two amigos back side, one might be Brian S.

Jim H. , Steve?, Bruce S. in the striped shirt and Tim on the right. Edited, ha ha I knew that was Bruce S. But my writing it out was wrong. Thanks for the correction.

Ron L. In blue shirt

Boys having fun.

More boys having fun.

Gary G. In the light blue shirt

Wayne’s truck top and bottom pictures, the truck to beat for speed.

Bob

7 Likes

Hey Bob. I thank you very much for posting the pictures. Is there any way you could fill in the names of the people in the pictures. I was particularly interested in that small gasifier with the person standing in front of a white S10 My guess is it is Matt. Don’t remember hearing about the little tractor since Arvin and I’m sure he didn’t make the trip. And the German religious group?? TomC

2 Likes

Here are some more 2018 Argos Woodgas Meetup pictures

These two guys look pretty happy to see the old 92 Dodge Dakota from the book again. Michael Gibb is standing behind Wayne.

I love the picture with the Argos water tower and the Woodgas flare in the evening. Looking forward to doing it again with you all and with you who I know but have never met. It’s like a DOW family reunion.

Bob

6 Likes

Hi Tom, I think I will try to get pictures of the members this year facing the camera with their name tags showing. This might help everyone recognize names with faces and help us remember better. I don’t remember if there is a way I can tag myself when looking at other pictures that other people have posted, maybe @Chris would know how to do it.
Bob

1 Like

Hi Tom, someone was driving a little tractor in the parade, who drives it? Ron L. has the big international and Jacob bought his mid size tractor.
Bob

2 Likes