Augers, low rpm 12 volt motors & blowers

Hey guys and gals? , LOL just wants to share some of my sources of where I think I get my bargains?? (These are 2011 prices I have not bought much this year I have been using what I have in my scrap pile at my shop) (They know me here by my first name LOL they give me lower prices because I have been a customer for several years) stainless steel 55 gallon barrels, $ 55.00. Standard 55 gallon barrels with removable lids 16, 00 , 20 gal. Barrels with removable lid 8.00 at research alloys Columbus Ohio, office phone no. 614 - 224-4404 yard man rick 614 -348-8714 , (call him first and ask prices and if it is in stock ? ) prices change up and down with availability, they have a large selection of stainless and aluminum stocked materials, they are a salvage metals dealer, not your normal junk yard , ( but they do have a junk / salvage yard next door ) the owner Joe buys , his metals at auctions and salvage sales, in large quantities for resale, they have very little cold roll steel. if anyone in building a gasifier with a ash auger removal system I just found a great bargain in a custom built auger, the company name is Perry equipment, they build augers to your specs, ( but their minimum diameter is 3 1/4 inch. ) I had them build me one, 3 1/4 x 4 ft = $33.65 + shipping their phone no. is 765- 362-4495 ask for Stan. also if you are needing an low rpm 12 volt gear motor to run a auger or grate scraper, the best price that I have found is on e-bay, see the photo here, it has about 850 torque lbs, weighs about 12 lb, has a 3/4 shaft and is a brute for its size, they can also be bought direct from the supplier, on the internet, at www.surpluscenter.com phone no. 1-800-488-3407 the item no. is 5-1748, price 59.95 I found 14 of these motors from a government salvage sale, for 10, 00 each, I am an impulsive buyer LOL. I could not pass it up 14 for the price of two, I have not found a good source for centrifugal blowers or high temp gauges, if anyone knows where I can purchase them please let me know please.

David,
Thanks for the heads up on your sources. I am just starting out on my first build so I don’t have much to offer as far as where to buy. As time goes on I hope to contribute to the knowledge base. Ohio is quite a ways for me to travel to a slavage yard…lol.

Harvest in circles
John

1 Like

I AM SENDING A BETTER PHOTO OF THE 12 VOLT REVERSABLE 6 RPM GEARED HIGH TORQUE MOTOR, THAT IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN, FOR THE APPLICATION TO A WOOD GASIFIER, I KNOW WAYNE,S GASIFIER DOES NOT NEED ONE, BUT MINE DOES.

1 Like