Bargins

The ebay page for the vac gauges says( 2-pk 30-0 in hg hydrolic-air- water vacuem gauge) and co name is industrial supply incorperated.20.00$

Don’t buy those Kevin. hg stands for mercury not H2O

Ok i wont buy thanks much for the wrong type too work warning.

This pump might work but it looks like it would be a pain to adapt to.

Specs are here
https://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=12245

2 Likes

Just a note about Surplus Center and “Inches of Water” vacuum gages:
They haven’t had any recently, but I did get some "0-10"WC (or was it 0-30"WC?) from them some years ago. I shouldn’t tell you this, but I do browse their paper catalog and sometimes their internet site, just in case they do show up again.

Pete Stanaitis

Found these at local on line aution, for 10:00 $ each. Thinking good drain tanks, and or condencer final before air filter direction components. Had too waint awile too get at that price .They hold 3 gallon water though cantainer says 2.5 gallon. They are old soda acid extenguishers. Light weight SS.for small vehile gasification.

ss steel seems too be about 20 gauge or less. Can be welded for plumming down on low welder heat settings.

2 Likes

I haven’t personally dealt with {the barrel man} yet, but… 55 steel drum, food grade, removable lid, Fair Grove, MO area…$20 each. I’m leaning that way. http://www.krispydeals.com/index.php?search=&cat=gra&set=rrrr5%20&pmin=-2&pmax=19999145&area=&metro=springfield&start=40

oliver.

2 Likes

Make sure the barrels are 48 pound or they may only last a couple years if lucky. I used one 28 pounder on my hopper heat jacket, see how long it last, i think one of my splice barrels was 35 pounds range. Used what i had for test run on seperate design too see if i would replicate.

2 Likes

We will have to see if this is a bargain or not :smile:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU4cifrp60E

4 Likes

Don,
Those filters look GREAT! Good deal. You might try covering them with unifoam or wool blanket or towel to catch the big stuff, but at $5 each maybe not worth the extra effort. It looks like you could probably just scrape the surface if they got clogged. Please let us know how it goes.

Good thought Bruce, but it was $5 for all six of them so maybe I could consider them disposable.

2 Likes

Great find! I see them working great on a charcoal unite, or reheated woodgas. Wet woodgas might be a problem.
Any idea what they are used for?
No need for them to be disposable (well after some time ofcorse they wuld have to be changed). Shake off the cake of soot when it acummulates enough.
I think makeing a houseing wuld be a peace of cake. I dont know for your market but here in EU we have plastic septic pipes rangeing from 1" to at least 10", with all possoble fittings and connections, with seals in them, plug and play. Like Legos :smile: JO has all his pipework made out of them, and l have most of my gasifier plumbing made out of them. Real cheap too.

1 Like

Nice find don m i too wounder what they were used for, perfect size too, good luck with them.

1 Like

$5 for all six? WOW, you win the Bargain hunter’s prize.

2 Likes

The way things work for me, The filters would work great! then when I go to buy more, they are not available anymore, or the cost a fortune. Oh the trials of a junk builder.

2 Likes

I think either way at 5 bucks its a really neat exsperiment and can be exchanged out for a Kristijan type filter is needed, since the size is in close enough range, though a replacement would be nice, if it was me i would be happy too see how it works for that low cost trial.As long as its easy too clean, and could use an over size towl as kristijan efect too keep the crust down.

1 Like

It aint no fun waisting money on design changes, But well worth the valuable learning curve of ballanceing a perticular design too perform well, minumize the maintainance.for many different model vehicles.Got Too enjoy the acomplishment.

2 Likes

this bargin turned out too be a €€€€€€€€€€€€€ add please delete this bargin when time permits.Thankyou.

1 Like