Bill S chunker

Thanks for the kind words Mr. Bill

From watching the video I think I would cut a little more out of your cutter so you would have more time to place your wood. ( Making it keep it’s mouth open a little longer before it bites down . )

3 Likes

Hello Bill
The shims should be under the cover at the opisite end of the shaft where you installed the rotating cutter pipe,you don’t want any looseness in that shaft, because any looseness could cause the rotating cutter to move out of alignment when cutting the wood.
What make of baler did the gear box come from?
Calvin…

1 Like

I think it was a Massey Ferguson?

1 Like

Hi BillS
WELL DONE!!! I found a “mini Chunker” just right for thoes 10 foot 2x2 inch hard and soft wood strips I get from that door plant in town. Checkout this great little machine by Mr. CNCMachine. I’m trying to get him to send it to me for endurance testing. :smile:

6 Likes

Looked to me like it was splitting chunks off with the grain. Like he had crosscut short pieces from a 1x6 to feed into the machine.

3 Likes

wholly crap Bill That is just what we have needed for a long time Some builders have needed a chunker like that. They try to use pellets but they are costly and if left in the gasifier after cool down, they get mushy. Chips are an alternative but they are trouble in the hopper. These little chunks are just what has been needed Who is this CNCMACHINE???TomC

2 Likes

Hi TomC,
CNCMachiningisfun is a guy “downunder” in New Zealand or Australia. He got an older Victory gasifier and cleaned it up and modified it. He is an interesting bloke. He has lots of videos on YouTube. He’s been documenting his progress and making all sorts of contraptions. He has that woodgasser addiction and a good sense of humor. His youtube channel is “CNCMachiningisfun” Cheers, Gordon

3 Likes

I do like how quick he is able to cut a piece of gasifier wood. It seems that there must be a lot of wood preparation to be uniform enough to fit into the machine.
Maybe I could top load my chunker for an automatic feed?

1 Like

Gordon, I have been following him for awhile, hes a cool dude with some good ideas. Also I am pretty sure he is off grid 100% in new zealand.

2 Likes

His most common woodgas forum members name was Steven Amptramp.
S.U.

2 Likes

This fellow is top loading as you suggest. seems to work good for him.

4 Likes

this is the chainsaw chopsaw you can cut a lot of chunks on a tank of fuel with a sharp chain. this worked real good on branches quick to build hard on the arm for long term use . I also like the idea of many ways to process wood BBB.

2 Likes

I like this Paul.
I have an 18" electric chainsaw I could use for this.

1 Like

if I had an electric one I would do the same a lot quieter and no petro.

2 Likes

Bill, I just combined your two chunker threads. Fairly seamless!

2 Likes

Hey BillS
A feedback on your phone to here downloading problem. I’ve ran into the same-same. What I did on my camera was take a multpile-megabite picture and internally re-filed a copy set to “small”. That thumbnailed it within the camera to a mere kb file. DOW here accepted it, enlarged, and cropped it seamlessly. Worked for freedy-fumble-fingers me.
S.U.

2 Likes

Sorry Steve, that is exactly what I did. It should be under 1000 kb

1 Like

Yes Joseph H. CNCMachiningisfun IS a very interesting guy. I have been following him too. Here is a short video of how I chunk (chainsaw) my wood supply here in Oregon. I have an unlimited supply of this material but eventually I want to run my gasifier on chips.

BBB Gordon

2 Likes

@Chris, I found out how to get the cut on the bottom of the brace. You needed a 21° rescue wedge to prop the top of the brace. :smile: jk
This picture is before I slid the bottom into place and cut this part to fit.

The bottom of the brace before welding.

3 Likes

What is the suggested tongue weight range? I believe I heard 150 pounds. Is there a range? The tongue I’m using is 2" tubing 1/4" thick walls about 4’ long.

1 Like