Here’s an idea I’ve been kicking around for awhile. I’m inspired by the number of folks here who have a LOT more in common than just wood gasification. Most of us are pursuing a simpler life, to varying degrees. I see a lot of gardening and solar and old tractors on here, which is interesting - this community could have evolved very differently, say into custom hot-rod builders, or SHTF prepper types. We see them come and go, but they are not the core group here. (I’m biased of course, because it’s exactly the journey I’m on currently.)
Given our larger common interest in, let’s call it “homesteading” (I know that term has issues…), I’m wondering if there’s a version of DOW that is more explicitly homesteading focused, with woodgas being one aspect of that.
If you would be interested in this, let me know. Here are some brainstorming ideas on how such a site might work.
- A large educational library of free PDFs and other general info on a variety of homesteading topics
- Paid Membership levels that support the site and provide certain perks, like access to how-tos or specific groups
- Content creators making quality how-to educational stuff (some paid, some free) - possibly getting paid out of the membership fees?
- Personal blog style pages, to post about your homestead journey
- Discussion forums with several categories
- In-person classes or gatherings, sponsored or not
Ideas are welcome, this is not something I can commit to building at this stage. Just looking for ideas and feedback.