C.S. Bell B-50 Grist mill/Bur Mill

Anyone know where to get parts, or a manual for these old mills?

The manufacturer still makes some of the parts for them. According to what I just read the new B-50 and old B-50 have some parts differences but the #60 shares some parts…

1 Like

Tried to call, no answer, 800 number is disconnected.

Al, You might look for hit and miss engine guys on facebook near you. At shows several of those guys use mills like yours when they display engines. Lots of them trade parts and some will have parts recast at foundries.

4 Likes

I would fill out the form on the webpage. It sounds like a really small operation and i’m sure covid didn’t help it.

According this facebook page which isn’t their official webpage as it say cs bell of hillsboro ohio. Apparently they discontinued manufacturing of parts and grinders in tiffin ohio (but I dont read that as they don’t manufacture parts and grinders anymore.) However, I suspect if you post on this webpage you can get a manual.

1 Like

Al, What parts are you needing for your mill? Have you tried the Smokestack Engine site?

1 Like

I need the washers and spring that goes on.
the shaft. thanks

1 Like

Show us some pictures maybe its something I can point you to from an industrial supplier.
springs are pretty easy washers depending on the material for shims is also pretty easy to buy or make.
I might be able to make them for you and I ave a lot of springs in shoe boxes ( I have issues so I hoard things )

1 Like