Centrifugal fans

Arvid,

does it clean the dust out o.k, when it pops?

Regards,

Sam

the shop vac i use, is only used for starting the gasifier. it still has plenty of suction even after having 3 or 4 mini explosions in it… i usually say i was trying to get it into jet engine mode… the guys here know what i’m talking about when it’s worded that way.

Sorry Arvid,

I was not specific and precise enough… I meant, does it clean itself (the motor housing), the instance it pops? In my vac, over time a lot of fine dust does settle. Unfortunately, it always cleans itself (no woodgas involved) with little clouds, mostly when my wife is around and especially when my wife has done laundry and put it up on the clothesline…

Cheers,

Sam

1 Like

lol… as we only use it for the gasifier and never inside i’ve never really thought to check. It was the cheapest small vac that we could find so if it ever does fail, and i suspect it will, it will just be replace with another of it’s type.

Hi Guys,
I found a vid with a Gingery type fan and the size is surprising! Here’s a few pics for reference and a vid to display its performance, pretty impressive. I’m estimating the rotor has an 8-10" diam.and is about 1" to 1 1/4" wide. The inlet looks about 3-4" diam and the outlet looks about 1 1/2"wide x 4" high. Those guys never did get a flare as far as I could tell,
Pepe
Fast forward to 35 sec for blower view.