CHARCO book PLANS

DO ANY OF THE CHARCO GASIFIER BUILDERS KNOW OF ANY GOOD TOO BUILD FROM PLANS FOR GENERATOR’or driveing on charco generator. I am looking for a book plans simular too drive on wood book,

Kevin, look in the DOW Library, there is a lot of good information on how to build charcoal gasifiers for generation. Gary Gilmore’s simple fire gasifier is great for engine/generation. I am building a charcoal modified simple fire gasifier from his design concepts that he has shared with us. It is going on the back of the motor home to run my 4kw generator.
Bob

2 Likes

Ok thanks bob i go back and read.I gess i am looking for an easy read version.SWEM you pass a gas station.

1 Like

I would love to put some stuff together, to draw some plans so people could build that.
What engine size should it feed ?

3 Likes

I would like too feed a 1.0 OR 1.3 geo metro hard too find motor for vehicle.Thanks Koen when you get extra time. Somthing too fit in a trunk posibly an extended trunk lid if needed for 60 too 100 mile range.

3 Likes

CO in the trunk of a car sounds like a bad idea.

From the files of Doug Williams
“Doug’s own personal gasified International van, which became the test apparatus that gave Fluidyne so many answers to so many problems. It also nearly killed Doug with CO poisoning resulting in Fluidyne placing greater emphasis on operational safety procedures.”

http://fluidynenz.250x.com/enph8.jpg

2 Likes

Co will get you if not sealed air tight from the trunk, trunk mount meaning charco gasifier,if i did go the trunk mount as others including the guy that sells the plans for a mustang trunk mount i would be verry carefull too weld sheet metal between the trunk and the back seat, and and other holes or channels, and my trunk would be well ventalated too shed excess heat, grates in the floors and the back of the car. Thanks for posting the factors too consider before any one gets careless rushing the job.Allso co sensors in the car too keep a check on the air safeness.Not only the co poisoning but a sealed van like the van you refered too, would need a wall air tight and solid so that if the lid on hopper puffed hard as they have been proned too once in a graet while, it wouldent pop your ear drums, plus add too the smoke and co. You would allso need the windows out and large vent on back wall of van, minumum comen sence air control.Dakota is a better weight ratio too motor size, big heavy vehicles dont have the good wood milege and good take off speed like the dakotas v8s 92-96 modle years. My 85 V6 s10 seems good power but dont have the hibrid posible and caint clean the intake out with a torch like the dakota v8.

2 Likes

Wallace; It just happens that I would like to review the Doug Williams ( I had forgotten his name) information on the Fluidyne. Could you lead me to some postings. TomC

1 Like

http://fluidynenz.250x.com/

Here is link the to his webpage.
Nice man I exchanged emails with many years ago.
He posted a lot of information and thoughts on the gasification archive.
The link to this old format internet bulletin board seems to be broken.

This may mean all that discussion and information is lost.

1 Like