Charcoal gasification methods

@ Dauci,

The energy needed to perform the actual converting, can be obtained from the braking energy from the vehicle ( the electric momentum from decelerating )
A kind of generator what slows down the movement of the vehicle by using the energy for generating the plasma arc… ( same as the “retarder” principle)

YES I KNOW ALL!! But i have answer to HHO GAS… You probably don’t have experience with brown gas or HHO cells. Read better…Don’t have sense transform water into brown gas and after sent that into red carbon… in all case you obtain steam… Reduction process need water steam ando not H2/O2 . see image attached… For obtain super-steam you need an right reactor design… you need just to use IN PART the same energy released from red carbon.

Dear Marco,

i am very sorry, but your words and you pictures don’t match your knowledge at all. maybe you confused yourself somewhere with the relevance of the three subjects?

Please review all of the above and reconsider either your chosen words, your pictures or your knowledge base.

Dauci and the others did make a big effort trying to explain you the basics, …

gasification process is explained from the image … about HHO gas I have 10 years of experience on…

@ Johnny,
As far my knowledge goes, this device generates Hydrogen-Oxygen the moment you apply electric ?
In your opinion, could it make a possible boost effect when the outlet is injected in the intake air from the gasifier ( or at any convenient point ) ?
The oxygen would stimulate the charcoal and the hydrogen would pass. Short time applied i think it will boost sufficient and is in my opinion worth to try…

A short insight: Source wikipedia, High temperature electrolysis
“High temperature electrolysis is more efficient economically than traditional room-temperature electrolysis because some of the energy is supplied as heat, which is cheaper than electricity, and because the electrolysis reaction is more efficient at higher temperatures. In fact, at 2500°C, electrical input is unnecessary because water breaks down to hydrogen and oxygen through thermolysis. Such temperatures are impractical; proposed HTE systems operate between 100°C and 850°C.[1][2][3]
The efficiency improvement of high-temperature electrolysis is best appreciated by assuming the electricity used comes from a heat engine, and then considering the amount of heat energy necessary to produce one kg hydrogen (141.86 megajoules), both in the HTE process itself and also in producing the electricity used. At 100°C, 350 megajoules of thermal energy are required (41% efficient). At 850°C, 225 megajoules are required (64% efficient).”

Reach that temperature isn’t simple with wood pellet and you need special metals … simply at 900°C you can use an catalyst like nickel for split water steam

Marco,

This topic is about Charcoal gasification methods…

We don’t split water , we consume it…

Look up for “water gas”

if you don’t understand the basics, then don’t talk about details

I have reply just to you: A short insight: Source wikipedia, High temperature electrolysis…

Koen , Yes the unit starts making hydrogen/oxygen as soon the power hits it, efficiency improves after its warmed up good.As far as introducing it in to the air steam of the gasifier , I’m really not sure if that would work or not.It may just burn all burn up ,not sure …But anything is worth a try I guess.I know the o2 would probably be beneficial…But at the same time you would be taking a 25% loss just to make it .I may try it when I get done with my build just to see what it wil do , but in my mind there would be loss.

Johnny,

It is beneficial for following purpose.
Every time you decelerate with an gasifier, the internal flow stops or slows down, ergo no air flow, cooling down the charred bed.
If the temp gets to low, specially with low temp, you might get more tar into the produced gas , but more important a power gap if you want to accelerate again.

If used the HHO generator in a car, you could use electric braking energy to produce a boost when you want to accelerate again. ( just an idea )
Or if you are in a traffic jam, you can use it to obtain just enough heat into your charred wood to be on the safe side.

Testing the idea would show if it works.

Another idea could be, to install an extra dynamo, to provide an constant volume of burnable gas ? to be injected in the intake of the gasifier ? who knows,…

Regards

Koen

“It is beneficial for following purpose.
Every time you decelerate with an gasifier, the internal flow stops or slows down, ergo no air flow, cooling down the charred bed.
If the temp gets to low, specially with low temp, you might get more tar into the produced gas , but more important a power gap if you want to accelerate again.
If used the HHO generator in a car, you could use electric braking energy to produce a boost when you want to accelerate again. ( just an idea )
Or if you are in a traffic jam, you can use it to obtain just enough heat into your charred wood to be on the safe side.”

Hello Koen,
I know this is a charcoal topic so my applogies for posting wood gasifier material .

Agree with the above but take a look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DpjmN3J70U
and explain if I should spend more time incorporating electric braking energy , HHO to obtain better deceleration and idling results or if my time would be better spent hauling cattle , equipment ,hay, logs and all farming chores plus daily trips into town as soccer mom.

Hi Wayne,

i think your gasifier is just doing fine, any more “improvements” and none of us will ever be able to build a better one :wink:

My mentioning about the HHO is for the “weaker” versions :-))) and for those who would like to talk about possible improvements :-)))
I wish i would live in the states and working on an 8 Liter V10 :stuck_out_tongue:

i appreciate the quick replies. so that leaves what? waste oil slow drips and/or waste plastic added to the fuel stock to enrich the hydrogen component? it’s not like there isn’t much of either of those two items around.

HI Wayne…

Why spent electrical energy for split water inside an HHO cell… nature teaches us new things every day you only need to observe good. Tesla know the power of air. Personally I have see how born an chemical plasma at high temperature without an electrical source… with air, lower amount of fuel and right conditions everyone is able to produce this…

Hi Marco
I have always followed Tesla inventions , I must have missed that one.
Please could you post a link on it if you have?
Thanks
Patrick

hi Marco,

you 'r right, same as they did in “back to the future”… the right moment is essential dough… but with an proper energy receiver - antenna, who knows ,…? maybe we become lightning fast ? Can we store this energy ? a kind of ancient egyptian style battery ?

@ Patrick

Isn’t an invention but just a intuition of Nikola Tesla. Air ionized is an source of current…the main problem is have enough energy for transform the air into plasma state but if you know what is ionospere is not difficult to understand the way…

@ Koen

Nothing of magic…using the ionization is possible have an infinite source of current… in fact electron avalanche is current… current is an flow of electrons… but the main question is …What appear into the ionosphere? is possible apply the same scenario into an little device on the earth? The answer is yes… is possible from the same device to extract heat and current at the same time… scientists think too many difficult instead my suggestion is …look around you what happens only in this condition to your mind all appears simple

Koen , I see your point and all I can say is that I will play around with it after I get my truck build done hopefully a month or so .I have a huge hho cell I can test with capable of producing up to anywhere from 1-30 lpm with no problem…Once I get use to driving on woodgas ,I will plan to get it up to temp and then just park and let it idle and will introduce hho into the air stream and see if the temps change…Like I said it will be a while but I will do it just to find out what it will do.