Charcoal Gassifier Nozzle

Not sure if I have posted this in the correct place. I always get into trouble when using such sites. Plus I do not have the time to figure them out. Any way I have just been reading some of the posts regarding Nozzles for charcoal gassifiers. I have a 1933 truck French Truck that was converted to charcoal and has, until approx 20 years ago, run on it, as a primary fuel up until the end of is use. The nozzle is water cooled from the engine cooling water, taken from a pick up off of the water pump. If anyone is still interested, I can post a couple of photographs showing it. it appears to be still in good working order after all these years. The material is bronze. Could look into producing a few if anyone is. interested.

12 Likes

Pictures would always be neat. Is it a gouhin Poulenc design gasifier?

7 Likes

Hi Cody,

Neither, it was an experimental design, the truck was purchased be the then owners and they built an experimental unit, in 1936 ish, using old French Oil - Petrol Drums for the Retort and Filter housings. .Looks as if it was quite successful as it ran for many years, with only a 2 gallon (ish ) Fuel tank. Must have worked hard as all of the king pins and axle swivel arms are worn out and Bu** erd .
When I have the nozzle out of the remains of the body I will put a couple of photographs up for interested parties to share.

Thanks for your interest,

Kind regards,

Peter

11 Likes

Hi Peter , welcome back after the long break :smile: Would love to see more , for sure if you have photo’s or even any video’s posted on line would be amazing to see .
Where about’s in the world are you and the truck parked ?
Dave

10 Likes

Peter,
If photos showing details of the entire gasifier and installation are available, they would be great to see.

5 Likes

Yes I would be super keen to see the entire set up if you can video it cheers Wayne

2 Likes