Charcoal powered van

Chris,
It’s tough to lose the people close to us. We’re all grateful that you “introduced” us to your great friend Justin. Reading about your guys’ project was inspiring and humorous. The firefighters and the oil filter bubbler made me laugh.
So sorry for your loss, our prayers are with you and Justin’s family.
Regards, Tim J

he sound’s like he was a good man…

it brings to mind the words of a song, “only the good die young…”

God’s peace to you and his family. i’ll keep you all in my prayers.

Very sorry to read this Chris. Thoughts and prayers are sent.

A sudden loss of a childhood friend that is still a close friend years later is like loosing a brother, my condolences to you and family.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you guys for the very thoughtful reply’s, It means a lot to me and Justin’s family.
He was a brother to me, I am glad we had spent the last bit of time we had together on this
amazing project, these memories will always stay with me.

Be safe out there everyone,
Chris Seymour

I am looking to build a tralier-based woodgas system like yours for a similar van. I am still learning about wood gasification, and want to know if a charcoal burning system could be modified to run biomass (dry chips, weeds, paper, wood shreds, very flexible fuels). Please get back to me ASAP.

I am sad too about Justins death.

1 Like

Sorry for the tragedy that ended conversation on this project. If it is possible to learn more details about the gasifier construction and charcoal making and processing with photos perhaps, I’d be interested in learning more.

1 Like