Chevy K30 4x4 1 ton crewcab 454 woodgas truck

K30 1984 chevy 4x4 1 ton truck with complete wood gasifcation system installed.
Has powerful 454 engine starts and runs very good on pine, what we have here in mountains . Top speed 70 mph at 7200 ft elevation.
THE REAL PREPPER Rig K30 4x4 1 ton crewcab. The 454 means lots of power, manual trans is nice so when you let off of throttle it does not die like automatic transmissions do.
Truck Idles very good, and holds enough wood in gasifier to go 90 miles before filling up again with wood.
Thinking of selling it…

2 Likes

4 Likes

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272475468842?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

more info

Hi Mac, welcome to the site! I’ve moved your post to the For Sale section.

Can you give us some details about the gasifier? Is it an Imbert style, Keith style, MEN?

How many miles have you gone on wood?

Oh, and we’d love some more pictures. :blush:

2 Likes

Me want!!! me want!!! Oh no money, shoot dang!!!

3 Likes

Zero tar running lodge pole pine… works so good, starts on wood, not like many that start on gas then switch over to wood.
No lodging of wood, it feeds well.
wood is 3 inch to 4 inch blocks of wood.
will go 90 miles of driving with only one fill up of wood.
Wood only, No gasoline is used… most people run gasoline, fuel injected wood gas trucks, still pull vacuum and use some gas still . Unless electric fuel injector is turned off, A little gas will still suck through fuel pump from vacuum that is made by engine running, not at idle, but at higher RPMS.

3 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

Hey Mr Mac are you using an under the bed gas cooling system?
J-I-C Steve Unruh

1 Like

Hi Mac… Is your truck still for sale?
How much wood does it go through to go 90 miles?
Any thing one the wood gasifier or the overall mechanics of the truck that needs to be replaced?

thanks