Chris' Baler Chunker

That answers that question. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lights installed. Ready to ride!

You can see a few other things in that picture; the new 30a locking plug is installed, full wiring is completed, and the motor mount is now spring loaded.

New motor is coming tomorrow, will install and reassemble the rest of the chunker.

10 Likes

Chris,

Be careful with how fast you turn that flywheel. It was looking awfully fast to me. See if there is a rated speed cast into the side of it. I am guessing you were turning it about 700rpm based on 3450 and the pulley diameter ratio. I have seen things that size come apart and it’s pretty ugly.

Stephen

2 Likes

You DID floor yours so you can haul stuff. Really looking good.

3 Likes

The first picture sees it all. Beautiful job all around, Chris.

2 Likes

Awesome!!!

1 Like

No worries. This flywheel is designed to go on a tractor with a 540 RPM PTO. It is currently turning at 668 RPM. 25% faster isnt going to make it explode.

2 Likes

540 rpm at the pto, not at the wheel. oh nevermind, its pre gearbox. chunk on.

1 Like

Hey Chris

Looks like store bought . Folks will be wanting the link or web site where they might order one :grinning:

2 Likes

Well ChrisKY now you going to have to come up with ready off-the-sleeve explanations for traveling inquirees about this Beast.
Hart to call this BBQ or Hog-dipping equipment, eh.
Hint - emphasize the “waste” in any wood processor explains.
Regards
Steve Unruh

2 Likes

Chris’ Tree Service, full biomass disposal and limb removal. You see wood chippers behind Asplundh trucks all the time around here, I don’t think I’ll get any eyebrows up.

3 Likes

Asplundh may be interested in the “license” :blush: Sock it to em’

3 Likes

Just gonna drop this here…

8 Likes

I may have to leave mine at home next weekend, Maybe if I Bedazzle mine, I’ll get at least one head to turn.
Wow Chris, that looks sharp!

1 Like

That looks sharp. I want to see it run and I want to hear it (I want to know how quiet it is…) :slight_smile:

1 Like
11 Likes

Chris, what kind of a safety lock do you have on that removable tongue? I would hate to see the trailer rattle loose on the way.

1 Like

It’s a hitch pin, just like on a receiver hitch.

1 Like

Yup, if it works on the other end it should work here too!

3 Likes

That is sweet Chris!! I am glad you got it done finally. Great piece of work with and it even includes safety features. It is what you would expect to see in a store.

I love how quiet it is. You didn’t have to shout to make the video.

The only thing I can even think to add is a bagger, or chip collection system and that isn’t necessary.

2 Likes