Completed WK Gasifier on a "95 Dakota **Sold**

$2,222.00 obo
I built this Gasifier on the back of a 1995 Dakota standard bed V8 engine.
The vehicle has only been driven on woodgas 8-10 times.
We have been driving it on regular gasoline, but we are ready to let it go.
We replaced the transmission on the vehicle,
but now the brake lines need to be fully replaced and the ignition is particular but very reliable.
The vehicle always starts, but you have to put it in neutral.

Before running the system on wood gas, you would need to fill the system with smoke to check for a solid seal and vacuum, etc.
The vehicle is in Bellingham Washington.

11 Likes

Good to hear from you Aaron.

5 Likes

THATS one good looking 95 dodge, the salt eats vehicles for breakfast,lunch, and dinner,here in michigan- you might be selling to cheap.MY brother has an 08 chevy 1/2 ton and its lost half it rocker pannels already. You can buy break line in a roll and make your own flare ends with cheap double flare tool. I seen around a 97–99 dakota yesterday with half its back chrome rear bumper missing from rust.

10 Likes

$2,222.00 obo seems like a great deal even without a gasifyer. The V8 truck have really jumped in price recently.

6 Likes

Hi Bob,
Thanks for keeping your eyes on this project through out it’s creation.

4 Likes

Greetings Hans and Kevin,
Thanks for your thoughts and compliments.

We bought the truck in 2016, where it was living in Michigan and got some salt damage.
We built it in Missouri, then replaced the doors and mirrors.
drove it to California, replaced the transmission and lots of other things like the radiator and gave it a matte black paint job.
then moved it up to Washington.

We no longer have land nor access to trees and a chunker for fuel.

7 Likes

Hey Bobmac, maybe your friend with the orchard would be interested in this truck?

9 Likes

You are reading my mind again. I will show him the pictues of the truck next time I see him.

8 Likes

Hi Aaron, is your Dakota 4×4?

3 Likes

YES,
The truck is 4X4

6 Likes

Sold for your asking price.
Bob Mackey

13 Likes

You got a deal Bob! If it wasn’t so far from me I would have bought it already for my son.

GC

9 Likes

WELL i dought it was driven much in the winter time ,it just looks too solid- I think the 96 and back dakotas had better metal into them, Either way i am sure you wish you had more time , or land to keep the truck, its allways good knowledge, you can build one anytime after building nice like the one you built, it was nice haveing BOB ,WAYNE, STEVE, CODY- helped me out too while leaning first build- some body really getting a deal on that wood gas truck, lots of hours learning and building.

9 Likes

Yes, It was awesome to have Wayne Keith’s knowledge and we might build another one in the distant future.
We drove this truck to Kentucky so that Chris could test drive it and help us figure out an idle issue, and he pointed out that our gauges were wrong, originally put parts per inch mercury instead of water.

13 Likes

Hooray, Thanks Bob.
I’ll Direct Message you for further communication.

10 Likes