Concussion/ whiplash

Here’s a picture of a monument honoring the boll weevil in Enterprise AL. The farmers prospered so much after they were forced to quit farming cotton that they built this to thank the insect for forcing them to change their paradigm. Looks like idolatry to me…

You should move somewhere else and retire…hahaha. Just be ready to not have all the same services that those taxes are paying for. That’s the trade off. Some prefer to keep it closer to home. I’m pretty much convinced that people can usually use their money better than any government can…LOL

Correct Steve, sensitive topics. And I dont want to open any cans of worms.

Regarding pharmaceuticals, our prices are way out of line too, and threatening to bankrupt our public health care system. About the only country to pay more is the US. The Europeans do far better. And virtually every third world country. Isn’t charge what the market will bear a business principle… :wink:

I don’t buy the development costs stories, we gave vast patent protection starting in the 80’s, and the main reward we have gotten is runaway drug prices, withdrawal of proven cheap meds, and reformulations to game the system. Prices have easily quadrupled.

My general impression from accounts from down south is shock at the bills you guys foot, those types of expenses would simply break me, or put me in desperate decision territory. Just on those grounds I would never want to live in the US. Hopefully our system up here stays intact.

1 Like

Asshole to the rescue.
Time and tylonal . Got hit in the middle of my forhead with the back(pean) side of a wood splitting axe, winter of 77-78. Fractured my skull lots of blood!!
Even today 40 yrs. later I still get migrains
Take a bath towel fold in half long way
Then roll it up tight. Lie down flat on your back, now place the rolled up towel under your neck so that your head hangs off above the towel lie there as long as it’s comfortable this will help your neck to relax. Helps migrains to ease up. This is part of what I do. a long with several Tylenol at a time. Ibuprophine will kill your kidneys. The other pain killer that I use is not exactly legal without a card and it cost
200 dollars an ounce for flowers or 60 a gram for concentrated resin. Tylenol and aspirin is the only modern pill med that I will take.

2 Likes

You have to watch the tylenol too, acetaminophen can lead to liver failure. I would assume that at sub toxic doses it is still challenging the liver when subject to other stresses. Liver transplant cases in Britain dropped in half when they outlawed extra strength formulation.

2 Likes

i still have my brace after the last accident… persistent whiplash damage…

But i also have a sweet supporter on the long rides…

7 Likes

Yes.
Nerve trauma. Joints trauma’s are all very slow healers.
It will resolve as best possible in-time. Years sometimes has been my experiences.
Plenty of time to reflect: how? why? who? caused this to happen. How can I make this not to happen again?
Your mirror will be your best guide on this discovery.
tree-farmer Steve unruh

2 Likes

Thanks. I seem to be doing much better. I actually hit (bumped) my head today while working and it had no noticeable affect. No head aches, no dizziness. so I think it is healing. I have had no problem at all since that bad round several weeks ago. I took three weeks off from most any work and healed up a lot I guess. Because since then I have been able to work like when I was younger. At that time I also stopped taking all medications and herbs and vitamins and everything. Then I added back a few vitamins later. Seems to have helped. Worked 14 hours today building a barn. I feel good.

4 Likes

You are right tylonal can be hard on your
Liver, the FDA says to stay below 4000 mg
a day. I am normally way below that. Try hard not to take any pill form drugs
No heart meds( drives the drs. nuts.
No pain meds same issue. Haven’t seen a back cracker in yrs. Just deal with it. YEA some times there seems to be more bad pain days than others. I deal with it. Go and set outside
Putz around my little yard. Read my Bible
try to find a little more meaning to those words in red. The biggest thing is to stay
positive.

3 Likes

Probably as sound an approach as any, just look at the history of unleashed big pharma over the last 20 years, vioxx, blood pressure meds, proton inhibitors, etc, …oxycontin… always claims of bigger and better, but an incredible number of people have paid with their lives while tens of billions in profits were made, no criminal responsibility or jail time, quite the system, buyer beware.

1 Like