Coolspring - flame ignition event

I was going to post this in the Event forum but it’s really off topic.

I was there 20 years ago and have been wanting to go back but never have the time. I just found out that this fathers day weekend is the 30th year celebration AND flame ignition is the main topic. I always wanted a Bisschop…! Well, I’ll have to make one of those day a Coolspring day!! If I knew in advance I’d be camping out for three days…

http://coolspringpowermuseum.org/index.htm

Jeff

4 Likes

Looks like you need to load up your riding lawn mower to show people wood gas. Sounds like a great event.

Bill, I would like to but I better scope the place out and maybe take it to the fall show. Wish I had the time…

Here’s a video of a Bisschop. It needed a small amount of tar in the town gas for cylinder lubrication. Or at least that was written in one of my books. Now a days people just use acetylene. Maybe the soot works as a lubricant.

Jeff

4 Likes

I went to this event in '99. It is well worth the trip. The creativity of old machine designers was AMAZING!!

Stephen

2 Likes

Never in my life did I think that I would see a Bisschop much less see it run.

It’ll be a long long time before this larger of illumination gas engines show up in one place… :grin:

Had to go home early to get the garden fence in better order.

Jeff

2 Likes

There were 9 Crown engine pumps running at the same time…! They first were used in NY City because of low city water pressure and tall buildings.

Jeff

3 Likes