Cost of Early 90s Dakota

Hello Kerem.

I think a little trailer with a 1000 pounds would be OK . ( I just posted a video on driving habits ) But keep in mind the dakota is just a car with a small pickup bed on it.

If I had work to do I would us a bigger truck and have the hybrid abilities .

Thanks

6 Likes

Hello Kerem

You do understand that there are building videos in the premium section ?

5 Likes

I did not realize it until you mentioned it :slight_smile: will check it out, thanks so much

3 Likes

Found an extended cab 95’ Dakota for $3.2 with 106k miles. Think it may be the one!

4 Likes

Sounds good for the current prices. Does it have the 318CI V8 or some other engine?

3 Likes

It has the original V8 in it. Were there a variety of sub-type engines for this year’s V8?

3 Likes

They had the 4 cylinder, V6, and the V8 as far as I know.

1 Like

Hi Kerem,
at some point there are some sport models with a 340 CID V-8 engine.
No matter. Both V-8’s are good.
Transmission can be the weak point. Focus on doing a normal trans pan dropping, washing cleaning and a quality filter change and re-filling with labeled ATF4 specification fluid.
Do NOT let anyone sell you on trans power flushing.
Regards
Steve Unruh

3 Likes

That sound like a good deal, if it aint from the rust belt. Perfect wood gas machine. I got a lot of chevy parts ,but i dont want too build a 350 S-10, and the dakota is small and all set up with v8 motor, good road runner,and medium trailer hauling, even useing wood power.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why Dodge would put such a big motor in a little truck?

But I am glad they did !

6 Likes

Is that the 92 Dakota truck I now own? Wow that was fast. On gasoline I have never tried to lay rubber on the pavement. I know I have good traction weight in the back of it now. Lol
Bob

4 Likes

Yes Mr. Bob .

That is your truck just over 10 years ago .

5 Likes

I don’t understand why they didn’t put a 440 in one. Some of us got old be we never grew up. I once put a 396 Chevy in the middle of a small Ford econoline van. That was a poorly thought out plan.

2 Likes

Ha,ha. There must have been one person in every town that had thought of that idea. In Moses Lake one of the kids that worked in one of the wrecking yards did this back in 1969. Talk about exhaust inside the cab area of the van. Had to keep the windows rolled down and heads hanging out to drive in down the street. But boy could it pop wheelies.
Bob

2 Likes

20 years old Bob. I had the engine because I came out of a bar drunk and driving down the road I started thinking about how much money I spent so I pulled out my wallet to count it and forgot about driving until I took the side of the car off with a light pole. It was 1967. My brain may have been further altered. Anyway my friends that helped me with the van project were as dumb as me and we didn’t really think about things like pinion angles and one foot long drive shafts. Or how that much power might tend to stress a two leaf spring. I sold it to someone even dumber than me.

4 Likes