Cyclone seperator between gasifier and engine

Hi everyone, made some changes to my gasifier but the one I did that I am very happy about is a cyclone separator between the gasifier and the engine. In appx. 1 hour run time with a steady 8kw load, this new cyclone kept 8 oz. of water/soot mix out of my engine. There was some water in my 25’ connector hose when I disconnected it, so I am building a second cyclone to go at the engine side of the supply hose. This will make 2 hot cyclones right after the reactor that collect soot nicely, then 2 s.s. pot scrubber filters and the 2 cooled gas cyclones. This thing worked GREAT!
http://youtu.be/bgtaNt2ZUzg Gasifier to generator cyclone is awesome

Looks to be working pretty good!
Never seen one used there before… Goes to show ya just never know til ya try :slight_smile:
Good on ya!
TerryL

Danny,
if I got my numbers right at one drip a second it will take 63 minutes for the jar to fill. Assuming it is a quart jar.
Anyway nice job on the water extraction.

Hi terry, very optimistic about this setup,now one more for the other end of the feed hose. Dan

Wes, I will take your word on that and check out the accuracy next time I run an 8kw load for an hour under similar conditions. Exceeded my expectations on water removal.

Hi, Dan.
Thanks for the video. As you know, I have a similar setup on my JXQ-10 system. I borrowed my cyclone separator design directly for Jim Mason, but they use it for hot gas, not cold gas as I (we?) are doing.
Up till now, I assumed that the ONLY reason I got “juice” in my jar was from my water filtration system but now I’m not so sure.
It will be interesting to see what condenses in that new “final-final” cyclone separator that you are building.

Pete Stanaitis