Densified or supercharged fuels

Steve ol’ boy, you are a good mix of Leon Trotsky and a Zen master…speaking quantum physics monk stuff.

Gee. JohnB. thanks???
edit s.u.

TerryG you are actually more important then any of us old farts gasifing now.
We will leave a few systems. Leave if on paper, some scriblings. But any of us within 10 years be gone on to recycling.
You now have another 10-20 years of gasifing in you. Be you the one with newbies then 10-20 years from now saying, Well you could do it that way . . but . . . "
edit s.u.
Now TerryG onto molecular talk that JohnB loves to suit-up, dive into.
I think a connections can be made to particulates, as with soots.
Some particulate’s indeed as you say will be actual hearth ash particles velocity dragged all of the way through the system and out. Breathing hazard out of a stove/combustor? Sure. Now just go tell the last FIVE belching volcanoes spread accross the world to knock that shit off 'cause we have laws and regs, you know. You are a gross polluting CO2 belcher to boot! Stop that Now I say!!
Very clearly now these vocanoes dropping base minerals ash clouds are critical for soils re-mineralization’s in plant useable soluble forms.
So stove/gasify away for the benefits to the REAL Greens and the plants.

Now to soots, particulates and molecular.
Soots are carbons to carbons bonded. Bonded carbon/corbons can be very soft velvety formation usable as a separations lubricant. A blackening surface coating. A very strong fiber reinforcement. To the hardest naturally occurring carbon form as a clear diamond. Carbons can even be with other molecules in a gaseous form. Liquid formed too.
Now your actual AFTER IC engine gasifer fueled particulates may not even have come out of the the gasifer as abrasive “ash” after all. They are most probably with in the heat, pressure and fury of the engine combustion chamber formed from gasious componets into particulates and then exhaust stream expelled out.
Look up the pressurized gasoline injection pressures they are having to develope to be able to make newest “direct injection” into the compressed charge engine cylinder systems work. 1500 at an idle, to 2500 under power PSI’s.
In cylinder temperatures vary from a low of ~400F to an EGR moderated down to ~1500F. Not EGR moderated these spiking at 2000 to 2300F. Rocket stoving HAS taught you about sonic gases velocity turbulence. Well . . . these are the in IC cylinder compressing, ignition pressure rising turbulent velocity conditions too!
What I’ve yet to read is the info on the collected up, concentrated and chemically analysis of woodstoves particulates or IC engine woodgas fueled exhaust stream out particulates.
Like you I think that the plants evolved loving volcanoes ash minerals particulates will just eat up stove and gasifer out particulates, Yum, Yum.

Some of my connections here to my viewpoints. 7 years in an electronics industry wafer fab plant. A $3 billion investment production plant. We were taking abrasive crystalline beach sand (very, very refined for purity); melting it into a molten liquid. Then with a crystal “seed” chunk freeze forming and “pulling” a much larger clone rod of itself.
After hundreds of mechanical grinding and cutting and lapping steps with acid/akaline etchings and washing between this very hard glasslike solid rod ending up as opaque glasslike plates - silicon wafers substrates. Fresh baked pizza’s crusts to make pizza pies out of. You choice of toppings. What’s your pleasure? How much you willing to pay?
Now down-process as value adding prior to making three dimensional circuits onto these “wafers” they would be controlled layered HOT HOT vapor deposited with various proprietary layers that were once solid metals and other normally solid materials. EPI - Epitaxial Layering. Lots of HIGH heats and pressures! Tomato paste base layers!
Circuit grid lines in my 7 years had evolved down from 1.1 microns to .3 microns.
And in electronics tech I’m “ancient” “last millennia” experienced now.
And now double Ha! Ha!
These new millennia “modern” guys and gals haven’t a clue that molten vaporized metals for benefits is an old known hat. Vacuum tube flashing “getters”! Halogen gas metals filament recycling incandesent light bulbs!

Mike LaRosa’s preferred tech. Anybody wanting deep rich hi-fidelity sound. True ballsie Heat/Watts power!

Regards
Steve Unruh

Steve, You have re-defined the pizza … When I was a little kid I asked my grandmother (from Florence) what kind of pizza they had there. She just laughed and told me they did not have pizza in Italy … She said occasionally they would melt a little cheese on a hot flat bread … I’m assuming it was goat cheese. She was born in 1898 if I recall right and died in 1976 … I don’t care to chew silicone … ech … Mike

Steve, This is an ancient picture
http://ftp.intergate.com/~mlarosa/images/wb2exg.jpg
but we like to say big a_s tubes as God intended. 4-400A on the amplifier on the plywood on the wall and a dead 833 over the flourescent light …
My daughter, now 26 made the high voltage sign and my hair is grey now …
Mike

Now this is a topic that jumps above average… i could’nt stop reading it…
i wished to be able to use my words as colorfull as you guy’s, but i still have a lot to learn…

to the topic.
I started gasification as a side track long time ago, amongst finding ways to do recycling the good way.
did build a few pelletisers and paper dust briquett machines, combined those with gasification, works wonderfull.
the soul problem occurs with the bleaching products in the paper and the type of inkt used,…

i agree with the statements earliar made in a colorfull way, make the carbon and the oxydiser dance together, make them a perfect dancing couple and see, you have good gas… its all about this couple… depending the desired gas quality you make them rock or just walsing, even a boogy can do wonders depending their surrounding public of nitrogens and other more or less desirables.
the dance starts at the entrance door, let the rockers in and you will need to adjust your music…
let the old and dried in, a walz will do with some violins.
for every mix of publicum you need to adjust your style and the music and go with the flow

or… you’LL need to be able to mix and to blend, which only a few gasfiers can…

stationary vs mobile applications
once the stationary has its proper adjustment and the proper mix, it can run endless on the same tune (classic or disco…)
Old style tube amplifiers dough give the best music for their performance :wink:

Mobile and versitaile fueling…
now that is hard rock and head banging…
some are able to rock, some even can walz, most dough are endless adjusting and trying to improve…
heavy metal and headache…

For me, i am still a beginner with old style charcoaling, be it that i want to play hard rock mixed with heavy metal and make some folks walsing on that music…

Now i just need to find a good tune… and make gasification the next micheal jackson or justin bieber

And at the high school prom Head Master Imbert would allow no “wall flowers” to hang out at the edges and get depressed and think they couldn’t dance. The only way he would let them out to go home would be to pass through that small “elbow to elbow” or “ass bumping ass” dance floor in the middle…and let the magic happen. And sure enough they would learn to dance. Some say it was the frenetic Scandinavian rhythms that drove them crazy and made them strip naked. Imbert said they had it in them all along and that all they needed was to get out there and get to know everyone else.

Welcome to the molecular dancing party KoenVL
Conveying true thermalchemical gasification understandings far transcends the three different English’s commonly spoken here on the DOW.
People truly get stuck especially on the power of the thermal half of it.
You, JohnB, maxg and a few other can SEE/feel this in mathematical expressions. Not me. Not most.
So I think we have to reach people with this in levels that they will understand. That means Life, Action, Joys, Sweats and maybe even some pain and fear.

Mike LaRosa’s picture link with “Danger! High Voltage!” says much to me.
I have “cell memories” of that! Jolting! Burning! Stink smells! Convulsions! Involuntary urine and feces releases! Permanent damage! Even death seen.
Unfortunately most today live such sanitized protrected lives it is really difficult to convey to them true energy/powers appreciation’s. Whether mechanical, thermal or wave energies. And the power in these.

Whatever the base language and culture though. We try though, eh?? You live; you try. Stop trying; you begin dieing. Some never tried; never lived at all.

You seem to be doing OK with Thai. Next:
Vietnamese and Indonesian, eh? You have many energy dances yet to learn I think. Cambodian and Malay!
Regards
Steve Unruh

what a riot! This is great brain bending stuff. Keep up the word pictures.
In light of all that has been said I’m thinking that that carbon must be a voracious floozy.

Nothin but a “twelve timer”!

Steve U.: Yeah, I’m mostly (but not fully) recovered. Thank you very much for the strong words. It means much to me to recieve them from you.

I am “off-the-grid” for several days in a row most weeks. That plus crispy brain, both external weathering sweltering heats cooked and internal thought metabolizing/brain gears grinding heats brainpan-seared, makes catching up here very slow/dificult.

I’d started that day as a “bad brain day”, as a friend says “very short on spoons”.

Here’s a blurb of stuffs from topiced Facebook post providing backgrounds for post of happiness RE: Great compliment from a great man:

"The ideas were burning hot and melting a hole in my brain but words weren’t coming. Over a period of about 2 hours I forced them out and onto the keyboard, even if they didn’t “sound right”.

Afterward, I was “well-done” brain-fried. Almost unable to get any verbal words out, let alone coherent ones. Barely able to text even. I felt at least 6 types of hung-over (I could list the types if you’d like).

I tried watering plants on the deck with “ambient” nature sounds on headphones and sunglasses but that wasn’t enough decompression/recovery. I ended up having to get some quick nutrient dense snacks, drinking a quart of water, and laying on my bed in a dark room with an icepack on my head (which was burning up previously) for about 3-4 hours.

Next day I was still migrained but partial verbal reinitializing.

Day after helped friend with off-grid wood productivity; physically draining but spirits rejuvinating.

Today brain was gummy from the start. Muggy heat and stuffy air. Can’t even open any windows all day due to laundry chemicals triggering asthma.

She might be a floozy at times. But drop the temps too low and she gets those “honey, I have a headache” nights…or when the family puts too much heat and pressure on her she will have you put that “diamond” on her finger to get any more.
But carbon is an interesting gal to know.

And she turns into something useless (Co2)
Give half of what she’s craving for and she becomes desired energy…

oh my sweet carbo…

To the topic,
densifying your feedstock helps, as long your surface -reactivity is within the limits needed for YOUR gasifier.
Plastics and other combustible stuff…
Since plastic is quite a dense - high energy carrier, it is indeed an attractive fuel enhancer. but…
be aware that most of the plastics contains chemical color stabilizers, colors itself and other undesired additives.
Rule of thumb: use only plastics that float in water, use as far as possible only transparent plastics ( plastic bags )
maximum amount should be about 40% ( compared to the carbon content of your fuel )

For the perfect music there should be plenty carbon’s able to convert the others to wordy partners…
The melting plastic fumes works as a sweet parfume to make them attract to each other
Serve only water to speed up te rythm if needed and or temper the situation…

Find your perfect tune and keep the rythm…