Discovering my freedom in Minnesota

Dont forget about a rain catchment system… may be too late in the season for that now however…

1 Like

It is solid rock past about 20-30’. They are hoping to find the water coming through the cracks in the rocks.

1 Like

you must be thirsty up there with no water. Have you had any snow yet? dropping down into the thirties here next week. Time to start up the wood stove,.

Good luck on the hydrofracking, Bill. My well is 700’ deep and was bone dry a week after it was drilled. After it was hydrofracked, the water is up to the ground level every morning.

3 Likes

Michael: congratulations on finding the one dry column of rock on your entire property! ;D

@BillSchiller I am putting psychic pressure on your water demons to make them give up their hoards.

1 Like

Decided to set the cabin on 12" diameter concrete posts that are 5’ deep. This way I don’t have to worry about the ground freezing and heaving up the cabin. I had a local sawmill cut three 5" x10" beams 20’ long. The beams stick out 4’ on both sides for a future wrap around deck and porch.

3 Likes

My picture won’t load, I will try again when I get into town

one would think you would need water in the ground to freeze :grinning:

1 Like

Touche…Well played, good Sir… Well played indeed.

4 Likes

Hey Bill, Don’t forget ground cloth as a vapor barrier.

1 Like

Installing solar this weekend.

1 Like

13 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Picture posting issues

Today solar will be done. The well company showed up to do some hydrofracking. Looking to exceed the 1 gallon/hr I currently am getting.

6 Likes

That is a cute little place you have there Bill!

2 Likes

Thanks Don. I am enjoying it more every day

1 Like

It looks like a real “Homestead” except for running water, solar power, metal sod house, and camper for backup.

3 Likes

Hahaha. Yes, I am combining some old and new school together. You forgot to add cell phone, TV and internet. :slight_smile:
I feel if I can do all this, then anyone can. We won’t be missing much of the life we had, we just won’t have all the bills. We will maintain responsibility of our energy and heat as well as most of our food.

12 Likes