Discovering my freedom in Minnesota

Happy birthday Bill!

3 Likes

Thanks all!
I had a great day making Maple syrup in 60° weather on a sunny day. One can’t ask for much more than that.

4 Likes

Hell, I’m older than you. Happy birthday… And many more to come… :relaxed:

3 Likes

47 that makes me a veritable spring chicken… happy birthday. Wish I was boiling already.

4 Likes

happy birthday to you Bill. This new season will bring on many new challenges and rewards.

2 Likes

Happy birthday Bill.

Was driving in my car this morning listening to radio 1 and listening to a story about a family in Alberta my age that decided to move onto the land and build an earthship.

And I thought of you in Minnesota.
I wish sometimes I could walk away myself and live a simpler life.
Best I can hope for at this time is perhaps to leave a smaller footprint at least for the next decade or more.

I think its good for the soul to live closer to the land and step back from the rapid pace of life these days…

4 Likes

Grattis på födelsedagen (Happy birthday)

3 Likes

Happy birthday Bill.

2 Likes

Lekker verjaar (Happy Birthday)

2 Likes

Happy Birthday Bill. Fifty and free. I remember 50, , , , I think

4 Likes

Happy Birthday Bill…Bryan S

1 Like

Happy birthday, living the dream.

After the thawing, soon enough will come mosquito season. And woodticks… Builds character. I would be careful with the road, if it gets too chewed up only the tractor will navigate it.

Regards,

3 Likes

Happy birthday Bill & many more…

2 Likes

all you guys that are my age and a little younger have accomplished so many great things. I feel like Ive just been pissing upwind for all these years.

5 Likes

You can only do that when you’re young :grin:

8 Likes

Andy, how do you think that makes me feel. I hesitate to take on a new project for fear I won’t get to see it through. I guess that is just part of life. I left the city and moved to a farm and did it all my way, but now I hear these “kids” and I think “Oh I wish I had done it their way”. Just be thankful that your sun comes up each day and your torches / welder still work and press on.TomC

9 Likes

Gratulerar på födelsedagen, Bill!

Congratulations on the birthday, Bill!

Max

2 Likes

No laughing here, we pretty much only light the room we’re using. Hot water heater on a timer, on only one peak time a day. Discipline pays dividends. Pepe

6 Likes

Last week was Maple syrup, this weekis sausage and smoked sausage. Again I just used barrels I had from before so I just threw something together this afternoon and burned the paint off. We made sausage at my grandpa’s farm when I was a kid. So I acquired the necessary tools this year.

12 Likes

Minnesota at it’s finest. When one’s sled is worth more than the vehicle hauling it.

10 Likes