Discovering my freedom in Minnesota

Well Mr Drain King seems like when it happens to you. You manage to to work to your advantage:grin:

3 Likes

Bill that’s the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time. I hope they don’t get wet!

6 Likes

I think it’s hilarious. When I seen them sell on eBay then I figured I had to try

6 Likes

WOW, Bill, I would have never thought of that, maybe you should offer a matching necklace… lol

6 Likes

Bill, Here’s another top seller for you! http://mirror.uncyc.org/wiki/HowTo:Make_a_Toothpick_out_of_a_Raccoon’s_Penis

2 Likes

Making some progress on the generator shed today after an all day rain yesterday. The open wall will be removable unless I can figure out how to make such big doors swing and seal up tight when closed.

10 Likes

Looks good Bill. I hope after the roof is on that it does not cast an early morning shadow on your solar panels.

4 Likes

I have thought about that and look at it everyday I walk out there and wonder. Currently the sun on June 21 doesn’t start charging the solar until 10 AM. December 21 at about 7:30 AM. The morning hours will be the only time it may be a factor. Fingers crossed.

4 Likes

Great progress. I have double hinged doors on my shop, and in winter, I stuff all the cracks with fiberglass then cover it with gray tape till spring. But it’s not so cold here. :wink:

5 Likes

Bill
Builditsolor has a tool you can download and make sure looks like a couple of protractors the results are surprising at least mine were. Hope this helps. I thought I had wide open sky:sob:

4 Likes

Yes Lots of good info there Tom, Many of my ideas come from there. Now if I could just put them in motion. Looking real good Bill do you have any flooding up that way. Lots of road closures hear. 10 -14" of rain here last night. Creek is over the road at my place. It was close to 15 years ago last time that happened.

4 Likes

Jim,
thankfully we only had about 3" up here. It rained enough all day I didn’t feel comfortable to be running electric tools outside. That band that went through Minnesota into Wisconsin made a mess.

3 Likes

Amateur building guy here. With a phone call (or two) to Don M, I put my interpretation of cutting a bird mouth in my roof trusses for this slanted roof.
Because of my fear in shakey ladders, I cut the top of the truss plumb before installing it.
I left the overhang longer at the bottom so hopefully the snow builds up less in front of the removable wall.
Here’s a pic right as the rain started.

9 Likes

Nice powerhouse building you putting up there Bill. Schiller Power and Light and Utilities Company. Servicing only one customer. It doesn’t look Amateur from the picture.
Bob

4 Likes

Thanks Bob, I am grateful for Don’s advice and that I have tools. I have watched many videos on how to do things to limit myself from bothering Don too much. But when I can tell they are doing something wrong, it discredits the whole video for me. Don has been generous with giving me info it took him decades to acquire, I just hope I have interpreted it correctly. I do really appreciate being my own power company. We have experienced a few power outages and resolved within 60 seconds. The best ever response time!

4 Likes

Looking good, Bill. It looks like that roof might be able to support three or four 250 watt solar panels.

5 Likes

Ray, good eye. I kept the slope down and facing south for that reason. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That looks like a proper birds mouth to me, Sho Nuff.
Now on the next building, I expect to see a nice hand cut hip roof.

6 Likes

Another rain delay.

11 Likes

We need the rain down here. Looking good Bill

4 Likes