Discovering my freedom in Minnesota

A lot of us can Bob, but unless you know who you’re dealing with it is sometimes a little sketchy. People are quick to sue someone for something that failed or after a wreck or something, even if the repair had nothing to do with the repair. turning drums and rotors too thin, exhaust cut outs, fuel system rigging, even wiring etc…The mechanic field goes the way of the rest of the globalized, streamlined world. With is benefits and its curses…

6 Likes

Last day for this auction. Someone is going to steal this at this price.
https://www.k-bid.com/auction/21637/item/1

2 Likes

I will deliver to anyone who buys it on here at 75 cents per mile round trip.

Bill, it says reserve not met, do you think it will go above your reserve price?

1 Like

Not sure but I will let it go at any price now.I will lower the reserve

The reserve is met now

Smart man, BillS.
After a seemed-better-idea is gone past: best to sell out at any price and put the recovered moneys toward the forward-going-on progresses.
ANY attempted having DONE, is learning. And the learning/wisdom is the real take-forward you get to keep.

Ha! Now that you know how much woodfuel you can burn away to keep warm . . . . you are on the next step to keeping the same warm now, with less wood.
THIS is the way to progress forwards!
Regards
tree-farmer Steve unruh

3 Likes

Thank you for your words Steve.
Yes, it was a couple of months later that I discovered wood gas. I bought this truck when we were paying $3.20/gallon for gasoline. The truck was great to have in the city. Not very practical for where I live now. I’m excited to get a truck to run on wood gas but apparently I need to practice patience and prioritize establishing a homestead first.
I live in a wood gas oil field now.

6 Likes

Ha! 14 years and I still have not developed patience or the wisdom to not take on too many projects. Hopefully you are wiser than I…

5 Likes

No David, I was not blessed with patience. I get tested frequently though. When I get good momentum on a project, something will happen, rain, visitors, something breaks, etc.
I realize now, living in the city I was caged. Starting on raw land now, I have many projects in my brain I want to do. I also have many projects started. So no, I have no idea where to find wisdom here. 80 acres and I can’t find it anywhere here. I can’t say I’d have it any other way. Putting these projects in physical form is rewarding.

5 Likes

I find myself taking up older projects again these days. Busy hands are good to keep the mind clear.

5 Likes

I was headed for the shop when my wife caught me and sort of kind of suggested, that maybe I should mow the yard one more time. I had to put my winter jacket on and a hat to go at it. As I put it away I staired at it for a few minutes wondering if I could put skies on it and chains in case we have snow the next time she “suggest” the lawn could stand a mowing. TomC

8 Likes

So is that what some people call wisdom? No wonder so many think I’m such a fool.:grin:

3 Likes

Foundation is set and work place for the garage is ready complete with the thinking chair.

13 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about Bill, that building will be up in no time now that you got a good thinking chair in the spot. Just member to work more and sit and think less, but you already know that.
Bob

4 Likes

Got the tabs welded on the container and lagged into the bottom plate. The inside wall studs and container roof trusses started. This is Don M’s idea he gave me. The ceiling of this garagemahal will be 14’.

14 Likes

My shop ceiling is 12 ft high and that is too high to heat. Had to make a room inside the shop with 8 ft ceiling and my stove in there. Just saying. TomC

1 Like

Big old ceiling fan. It will make the space more comfortable and not too many watts. :sunglasses:
Plus, you need loft space for light and long goods storage! Add a strong beam for a chain hoist.

8 Likes

Bill, to bring the heat down from 14’ above to you when working inside, place some tube ducting at the highest point down to the floor, and use two large computer fans to suck the air down to your working area.
Bob

5 Likes

The reason for the tall ceiling is for a chain hoist on a track.The roof line will follow over the back container. This will make for storage over the back container.

11 Likes