Discovering my freedom in Minnesota

Don, you are my inspiration when I build. What i mean is, when I was building the house, you told me you built houses by yourself. Having that in mind, I know there’s a way to do it myself. I appreciate you answering my questions when I build something. WWDD What Would Don Do?
Thank you.

8 Likes

This is one way of keeping warm in the colder climates. A friend of mine drove up from the cities today to give me a hand setting trusses.

15 Likes

Lookin good! Bill…

3 Likes

Thanks Al.
I sure hope I can heat it before it gets too warm.

4 Likes

Looking real good Bill. I have been wanting to get up there and give you a hand but this grandpa daycare and school bus thing is keeping me tied down worse han a job. I do get days off just little to no notice. My daughter is working 72 hours every week on top of being a full time nursing student. Then there is her teaching another night each week. I will try to nail her down for a schedule and get a hold of you. I want to help.

5 Likes

Jim, you know yo’re always welcome here. If you give me a little heads up, I can make sure we have a good meal lined up for you.

Bill, I just looked it up, just shy of 1000 miles, won;t make it for supper. Haha! I would like to make it up there some day. Al

1 Like

Good Al!
Maybe you can give me some lessons on running my sawmill.

1 Like

I got the truss up and in position in 5 minutes. Not bad for a rookie. It took me another 30-45 minutes to center it and stabilize it. A lot of up and down ladder time. Hopefully I can put tin on this weekend.

16 Likes

Bill, for rookie you made it look so easy. It always takes time to get things square up and lined up correctly. Good job.
Bob

1 Like

Most of the framing is done. My son and friend came up here today to give me a hand. I’m very grateful because those headers we’re damn heavy. I just need to put up the laterals on one side and then I can do tin.

17 Likes

That looking great Bill, at this rate you will have heat in the shop, and be working on one of your projects while it still cold outside.
Bob

2 Likes

Shop bigger than the house, you are doing it right.

14 Likes

Thanks Bob. I sure hope I can heat it up soon.
@Carl, Yes it is bigger than the house but a shop can never be big enough.

7 Likes

Looking real good. Bill all you need after that one is done is a clear plastic roof only out on the sunny end of building, for in beween weather conditions. Allways nice out doors when warm.and natural light.

5 Likes

Bill thats going to be one beautiful big shop when you get it done . I wish I had some of your energy.

2 Likes

Thanks Larry,
I wish I had the energy you think I have. Having 3 herniated discs in my lower back, I can only work a few hours a day. I do what I can, when I can. I take frequent breaks

5 Likes

Bill I know what you are talking about . When your back hurts it feels like every thing hurts.Taking a break when your hurting is the only way that you will heal those disks . More than one doctor thought that I should have surgery…I guess that scared me so I didn’t do it’ I still can’t work very long but my back just gets tired feeling . Don’t hurt as bad as it used to.Bill you have done a lot sense you moved up to your place,all of it good , so if you keep doing what you can ;when you can you’ will will get more done than most of us.

3 Likes

Hey Bill, there’s a pill called “Distex” that seems to heal the outer collogen layer part of the disk pretty fast. The part that ruptures and lets the soft part out. triple the dose. Seems to have helped me.

1 Like

I do back exercise every morning. Technically they may not be exercise. Helps me a lot. After installing the PT fuel pump in the tractor I wanted to close up the engine hood before the snow storm. Two man job, but just little old me. I ended up trapped like in a big mouse tap. Got out finally and got the hood back on but the old back felt it. Sore for a few days but it would of been much worse without my early morning back therapy.

Edit: spelling error

4 Likes