Discovering my freedom in Slovenia - start of a long book

Kamil, yes, about in that balpark.

I have. From the top of the creek to the lowest spot on our land is about a 60m drop, so in theory thats quite some potential. At the moment thugh our electricity bill is so low that such a project wuldnt be justified financialy.
Also, the way it looks like, water will be more precious for irrigation in the upcoming years…

13 Likes

Just some useful info: 0.433 psi per foot of water or the rule that every 2.31 feet of water creates 1 psi.

11 Likes

Thanks All. We got it simpler, the metric world. 10m is 1bar.

9 Likes

It would be if I knew what a bar is. :thinking: :grin: Maybe Tom will know :smiley:

14 Likes

A bar is where kristijan gets his beer to put out grass fires :grinning:

16 Likes

I did not think about more “continuous” power, but rather ability to drag more power when needed. Daily outflow represents “kinderpool” of 3,3m diametr and one meter depth. Stored energy 1,5 kWh. Could power 0,5 kW fan for three hours of work. It’s six hours in the smithy, given half forging and half heating.

Another idea realated to reservoir is to improve suction power. Trompe Is based on suction power of jet stream inside ejector. It is proportional to the speed of the jet, which is proportional to the height. Long and narrow reservoir at the steep hillside could create space for few meters drop before ejector, which will suck more air inside.

8 Likes

Oh now l see. Yes indeed thats a possibility.

5 Likes

Kristijan, I thought it was time to bump this topic for you.
Remember we talked about similarities in Slovenian and Finnish drinking habits? :rofl:

7 Likes

I have learnt that the biggest factor in determining the hangover plan is age. Before about 25 l didnt know what a hangover is but with each later year the hangover strengh and duration seems to climb almpst exponently :smile:

10 Likes

Maybe that’s why aging is exponential as well, Kristijan. 20-40 passes twice as fast as 0-20, and 40-60 four times faster. Too much to drink on your 60th birthday and you won’t sober up until you’re 80 :grin:

12 Likes

They say life is like a roll of toilet paper- it seems to roll faster near the end.

15 Likes