Donor vehicle help and compressed woodgas

A automixer is in fact a pressure regulator. In the mean time it equalises gas pressure of gas ane air. Win win in this situation.

4 Likes

So, you really want to to pressurize the air/fuel mix? I think it should not be hard to do this. It is possible to make your own specialized super charger, or other low pressure blower. You can pour aluminum. I think you will be able to pour plastic if you try because I learned this from metal experience. Here is a link to blower impeller design and experiment.
Rindert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuEaP9kyiFc

4 Likes

No, you were right in former post. l was thinking to presurise just the gas and automixer-throtle it to mach air pressure. But on a second thod, while goeing to the trouble, perhaps it is better to slightly pressurise the gas/air mix. Has its limitation thugh…

Per instance, while my original idea just slightly increases draw on the gasifier, yours increases it more so this needs to be taken in to acount.
Second, eaven slight pressure requires a whole different level of precision on making valves, fitings, throtle plates…

Unfortunaly l will not be able to try any of these out, at least not with the Mercedes. The goal is a small gasifier, limited to wery low gas output to prevent overdraw, just for cruiseing/idleing, while the acceleration and hill rides are topped up with petrol. My current DIY throtlebody already alows this manuver automaticly with a press of a accelerator.

Oh, thanis for the link, wery informative!

5 Likes

I’m not sure exactly where to find parts for this blower, but I think the parts from an alternator would be good. We have to be carefull not to let woodgas touch copper, brass, bronze or zinc parts or they will corrode like JO’s throttle plates remember? I think the shaft, bearings and pulley from an alternator might be used. This is just a place to start thinking. Perhaps an AC or power steering pump would be better? …
Rindert

3 Likes